[se] linked to memory
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
She had, in moments of work, lantern making, and grieving, subsequently forgotten to eat. Other than the sweets she’d snagged with Ronin at the shops earlier in the week, there hadn’t been much time set aside for her own necessities. “Thank you,” and she dipped her head in acknowledgement and gratitude, snagging at a snack or two when she rested her paintbrush in the water.

While she munched on a piece of bread, her attention could waver back onto the map. “King’s End is rumored to be a burial ground as well,” and he could take that as however he liked – considering the daemons and barrows that remained there. “Any land will be work, it’s true, but the same could be said for many of those that started out.” One could think of Halo, hardy and sturdy, or even Torchline and how they’d built themselves up from the sea. “It also depends on those willing to help you, I suppose, and all their capabilities.”
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 157 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye nodded to her. He looked at the lantern and looked at it curiously without touching it. "Why a dragon? Or is it too intimate that you want to talk about it? I understand that if you don't want to talk either."

Darkeye also took a sip of water and looked at the map. "That's my problem, I've already talked to a lot of people, and they won't help me because they all have a war on their minds. I think I have to start it alone and hope that word gets around. Maybe make a notice in all the places." Darkeye thought for a moment. "I don't know if there's any truth to it, but the burial mounds are difficult to interpret and I don't want to disturb the rest of these beings. The desert will be too difficult alone. I think I need to start cutting down trees."
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
Not offended by the question, she brushed over the edges of the dragon outline, ensuring it had dried. In a gentle tone, the explanation sang. “My sister was bonded to one. All Accepteds are capable of doing so.” A pause, considering, fingers hovering over the fringes of the tools she’d detailed too, though they’d yet to be seared into the sides. “And much like Sera, they are fierce, beautiful, and strong.”

Snagging at another bite of bread and partaking in the water, her eyes went back to his maps. “I’m afraid Stormbreak is an example of what could happen – and it may make many hesitant.” Another intake of breath, before a thought crossed over. “Or maybe it’ll have the opposite effect, and some will never want such a thing to happen again.” Humming softly, and dipping her paintbrush into some sky-blue hues, she pondered out loud, mostly for Darkeye’s benefit. “I wonder if there will be some clearings nearby the water.” And then he wouldn’t have to search out for precious resources in that regard.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 157 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye couldn't say much about that statement but it seemed like a soul bond like those of witches and their animal partners in his world familiars called them there."A good job I would say. Where is this dragon now?" Darkeye didn't really want to ask, but it slipped out.

"A clearing would be good but I would have to create fields and see what can grow there. I don't want that to happen and people who don't want to have anything to do with the war have a place where they don't want to have anything to do with all this shit. Let those who want to fight but leave everyone else alone. But I don't think that's possible in a big city like Stormbreak or Halo. I will just start and see what is possible. If you are interested we can talk about it, you have good ideas." Darkeye wanted to give her the opportunity to direct her energy and focus on another matter. It was clear to him that she would probably say no.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
“Thank you,” she smiled, before applying more details to the tools – engineer and artificer lines, things that had been and couldn’t be again. “Levi has been staying here, in the gardens. I think he likes to be amongst the other dragons that come in.” The companion was another piece, another fragment, of her sibling – and she’d never say no to his presence flickering and floating about. She wondered, vaguely, if time would give way and the memories would fade, and he’d wander off, back into the midst.

“Perhaps you can use some of the natural resources sparingly. I would hate to see such a wondrous world be rendered gone,” by way of opening it up to fields, clearing and cutting down trees. Frey likely wouldn’t be too content with the notions either. “What ever became of the fields in the Hollowed Grounds?” Or had those projects been abandoned? It was too bad he couldn’t take root in a world already sanctioned for such a place – but clearly needing something more than the touches of the Voice. “Your best bet would probably be exploring all of these places yourself, first, and see what is really out there.” And preside from those inches and dominions.

Her interest, and curiosity, would unfortunately have to subside due to the latest events. “I’ll have to decline, unfortunately. My place is here.” In the Celestine, in Stormbreak, striving amongst her people to rebuild and prosper. “But I appreciate the offer.”
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye looked around, taking in the surroundings. "Yes, dragons when they are not yet full-grown love to be in packs. After that, they don't get so pack friendly." Darkeye smiled at her. He know that her pain was too fresh for joking. So he tried just to be there for her.

He nodded curtly- "So much to do so little time there would have to be four of me to do it all. Yes, I have to look at all these places. As for the fields in the Grounds, I don't know much to be honest. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me a little more about them." He said politely.

"Should you change your mind just send me a message and I will let you know where to find me. But for now, these are just castles in the air I'm building. I think my skills are needed here if I'm allowed to help." He said sincerely and without a doubt in his voice.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
“I know,” she murmured, considering her role and how she’d cultivated the experiences in her short life. But Levi would not be amongst those – for he’d grow no bigger, not with his companion status. It’d be selfish of her to want him to hang around for as long as he’d yearned, even for just a piece of her sister remaining behind – but she’d see what happened in the meantime.

Flicking a few drops of paint along her metallic canvas, she pondered and perused the other implications. “What you want is a massive undertaking,” she commented, though she doubted he’d be surprised at the level of work behind the notions and plans. “But from what I know, they used to be quite fertile, hundreds of years before. There are some land sharks beneath, but maybe, with the right tools, that part of the world can be cultivated again.”

Pausing, head tilting, the youth considered his other statements. “How would you like to help?”
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He just nodded at her and looked at the piles of debris that were still lying around.

Darkeye thought about it for a moment. "You have to start somewhere, no matter how difficult it looks." He tried to smile. "With land sharks, it is not a safe place I think at least. You'd have to put a lot of work into it. I'm going to look at all these places. I thank you for your advice." Did she and Lilliane know each other, he wondered? They have a similar vision.

Darkeye put his weapons and backpack completely aside and made himself a little more comfortable. "I am a good stonemason as well as a blacksmith. I am strong and can lend a hand where needed. I would help with the cleanup and try to make accommodations for the survivors. If this is still needed. I came here to help. If need be, I can be the stranger who gives people a shoulder to cry on or the one who just listens." He said sincerely.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
At least Darkeye, despite these trying times, had a willing and seemingly positive platitude towards what could be pending and looming. She sighed, but smiled just the same. “I suppose you’re right,” dabbing another fresh coat of paint along the outer rim, marking and lining it with dragon wings. The frames, where the light would filter and flicker in, would highlight the leathery-looking proportions, or that was the goal – hoping the finished project would do her sister some justice.

A stonemason and blacksmith were reputable occupations, especially after the latest collapse of their Tower. “That would be wonderful and very kind of you,” and she nodded her head, considering the possibilities. “Best speak to Ronin first, and he can direct you where we could utilize your strengths the most.”
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye considered the manner and whiteness of her work, which was foreign to him. He had never been a friend of dragons, they used to be his prey. The dagger he carries is from his first horned dragon. The tooth of the dragon that almost stole his arm. But he found their way of working very interesting. "You can only try to make the best of yourself and the situation in such times." He pointed to the lantern. "A beautiful technique."

Darkeye nodded to her. "I plan to, but more to the point I want to hear his side of the story about the attack. I would like to help the innocent where I can. If you need anything I can help you with, just let me know." Darkeye would do many things for the innocent. It was his oath and his honor as well as loyalty that would make him do it. Even if he had to risk his life for it.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Lena, of course, was not much for being a predator. Nothing was truly her prey – even in her fox shift. Too accustomed, too adorned, too manifested in the beauty, finery, and majesty of the animals she cared for, and with an overt understanding of how the cycle of life worked, she merely appreciated all of them. From the largest of dragons and ursurs, to the tiniest of blink hares; each fitting a role, a niche, in the way of the world. “Thank you,” she grinned again at the compliment, placing the finishing touches and setting the lantern down again to dry.

While she dipped her paintbrush back into the water, watching the colors swirl in bizarre, then darkening formations, she tilted her head back towards the older man. “Ah,” she mentioned, brows furrowing slightly. “Is there some alternative version I’m unaware of?” By the way of the “story” – for it’d been no fabricated tale.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He looked at her lantern with an astonished face. She was beautiful in his eyes.

Darkeye tapped on his book. "There is an alternate story and I'm trying to find out what the real story is. I see what happened here. Horrible and all the people all the innocent people need someone to speak for them. I will confront those responsible for this and try to find out the reason behind it. I'm trying to be neutral about this." He noticed how the lump in his throat was getting thicker and tried to swallow it. He clenched his fist and would have liked to throw the responsible Ronin as well as Amun all in a bag and beat them up. "But the death should not have come to so many. I don't want something like this to happen again." He hoped that this was enough and that Lena would not continue to die. But he knew that he was dealing with a smart woman.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Her eyes narrowed a fraction, pondering just what he meant. In all the manner of her kindness, her words were calm, still pleasant, still bright, but clearly confused. "We speak for them. It doesn’t have to be solely you,” especially since they were of Stormbreak – the ones living, the ones thriving, the ones surviving. The ones who’d seen their building come toppling down, who yanked and pulled people out of the rubble, who wore the ruins and scars on their clothing, on their faces. Some stubborn little wall of pride flickered there in her chest, and even she was surprised to feel it surge. “Why are you taking this role on? That’s not your responsibility.” Or did he believe that he could fix everything?

Because it was far too late for that – and even compassionate, tender Lena could see the writing on the walls from miles away.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye understand why she had acted and tried to remain calm. "I'm not trying to do this just for Stormbreak. But for everyone. Why because no one tried for me when I needed it and hoped that someone would come to do it. When I gave up hope, someone came and helped me. I promised someone who is very important to me and to whom I owe a lot. A god from my world to be honest. I can only try to make it better, but I can't fix it. That would be a power I would like to have but don't have." He said honestly.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky