(SE) double red line
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// the killer in me is the killer in you, my love, i send this smile over to you
disarm you with a smile, and leave you like they left me here //
Thanks.” Sunjata rumbles, his tone a bit disbelieving but he concedes the point with her regardless, heaving a small breath into his lungs when she tells him that the storm will pass, that they always do. He hums a little agreement, while internally lets the record player repeat what he’s always had to say. Too many storms. Would this one be too much? Be the one that sent it all tumbling down?

They continue to walk along the little path, leading down and down through the desert, Sunjata squinting through the light but breathes easier with the comfort of her magic. It seems Vai’s read his mind and he finds himself glancing over toward her, a muscle feathering in his jaw. “We had it for a little bit. In the Wilds.” And then it all came crashing down again. “It’s never really enough, though, is it?” He asks, letting his scarred shoulders rise and fall in a small shrug.
to wither in denial, the bitterness of one who's left alone
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Vervain
"No, it's never enough and it never seems to last for very long," Vai agrees, the witch smiling softly across at Sunjata and reaching out to lay a hand on his arm. "Which is why it's important for us to hold it close when we do find it. Those memories are what will get you through this time." It's an assurance born of a confidence that she isn't sure she still possesses. But Vai has weathered her fair of storms, and that sort of thinking has helped her through more than once before.

Conjuring a stronger breeze around them for a few moments, Vai pauses in their path and turns to face Sunjata properly, gazing up and into his eyes. "I know that the Greatwood and the Grounds aren't exactly in a great place right now. But if you ever want to meet me in the Wilds, I'm always game for a walk, or some hunting. You're not alone, Sunny."
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
// the killer in me is the killer in you, my love, i send this smile over to you
Her hand rests on his arm and it stills him in his steps a fraction, falling behind a split second before he speeds up to catch up, humming an agreement that he doesn’t feel deep down – because his memory has gotten terrible over the last few years, each step on death’s doorstep taking a little more away from him each and every time. But that’s why he’d started that little journal when Nate left the first time, the one that he put all of his memories in. The one that was a gift for his husband when he returned, one that Sunjata could absolutely keep adding to – yet another gift for when he comes back.

The breeze grows stronger and goosebumps rise against Sunjata’s skin, goosebumps rising in their wake until Vai stops completely – stops him completely – and stares up at his eyes and he finds hers in return. “I…” He begins before he cuts himself off as she continues, his shoulders slumping slightly, swallowing hard. “I’m not allowed in the Greatwood. Would you still be able to receive letters from me should I reach out?” He asks – because he needs the connection. And likely, it couldn’t hurt letting the twins out for a trip with Vai in the comfort of the Wilds. He just doesn't know how to contact her.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Vervain
Vai smiles sadly up at him, because gods, one of these days someone is going to cut their lines of communication, and she feels like that will hurt more than the physical barriers between the regions. "As far as I know, letters can still come and go freely into the woods," she tells him. "And if that ever becomes a problem, we could always build a postbox out here, so people can leave notes for each other in a neutral space?"

Regardless, they will find a way to make it work, and it's with a breeze that fans around them that the huntress steps forward to wrap her arms around Sunjata in a hug. "Just don't be a stranger, okay? I know things are shitty and it looks like it's going to get worse before it gets better, but that's why we need to look out for each other."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He could send her a letter, whenever, and it likely would reach her. And that’s some amount of solace that he can’t quite place, filling up just a small fraction of that hole that’s left inside him. But the question she poses next is one that makes a surprising amount of sense, wondering why anyone hadn’t thought to do that before now. “That’s a good idea.” He agrees, committing it, putting it in the back of his mind and before he can say anything else, she’s stepping toward him.

Her arms wrap around him and he freezes slightly – not because of her but because of himself, so caught up in the whirlwind of his mind that he can’t seem to imagine someone would actively decide to reach out for him, for that closeness. It’s delayed and belated, but his arms drop to wrap around her too, the Flood taking a deep breath as he nods. “Okay. I won’t be a stranger.” He pauses, giving her a little squeeze. “I’ll try to get better at reaching out.” Because everyone that knew him knew that he was the type that preferred to spiral, crash, and burn himself.
SUNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
"Trying is all we can ask for," Vai says softly, her voice a little muffled against Sunjata's chest. She gives him a motherly squeeze in return and lets him go to smile up at him, nodding. "I'll hold you to it, though. Make sure you can at least find something productive to do to pass the time until Nate gets back. Because he will be coming back, don't forget it."

Stepping back, the witch lets the breeze around them grow a little softer as they begin to walk again, enough to keep them cool but without getting too brisk. She falls silent after that, letting Sunjata turn and sway the conversation as he sees fit. And when it is time for them to go their separate ways, Vai hugs the Flood again, hard and close, and promises that they will see each other again soon.

~FIN