Training Black and White
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
She would have to ask him later, about payment systems and alternative trade options. For now, there was only the fight. Darkeye would find that he couldn't hurt her no matter what he did. Of course, that didn't mean she was impervious to damage.

There was a nasty crunch as the hefty man crashed into the slender girl. Momentum had shifted her onward a ways further and what gave under the weight was her left shoulder. Registering the alarm of her body, Maea slashed wildly at her opponent's back with the dagger to get him to move, then she vanished -

- and reappeared thirty feet away, on the other edge of the training field. Kneeling on the ground, with the left arm hanging limp and useless from a dislocated shoulder.

For a moment her pale eyes glared with cold fury at Darkeye. Then she  closed her eyes, centered herself, and by the time she glanced down to survey the injury, a distant calm had settled over the porcelain features.

"It seems we must cut practice short," she noted with some regret. "My brother will scold me if I come home in any worse condition." With dagger still in hand she touched the dislocation with calm curiosity, as if the injury didn't concern her at all.
Nothing lasts forever, I thought you should know
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye had no chance to dodge and many times her dagger hit him just as he was about to lunge to knock the weapon out of her hand, she disappeared. He grinned broadly as she suddenly appeared at the other end of the training area.

He gritted his teeth, the wounds on his back were not fatal but still painful. "I think I can learn more from you than you can from me." he was still grinning broadly, the blood staining his clothes red.

"Do you want me to help you with that?" he pointed to his shoulder. "In any case, thank you for the opportunity to train with you. I'd love to do it again sometime." He tried not to let the damage she had done show, but one more attack like that and he would have lost.

"Who is your brother if I may ask? We can train more often and get your brother to join us if you want." He said with a big grin."should we go eat something or are you in hurry?"
— the smartest do
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
Looking up, the girl considered Darkeye with a bemused expression. Not quite sure what he meant. Everything she had done was entirely unplanned, with neither finesse or technique.

"I don't know about that... I just rely on the fact that I don't feel pain. All you would learn from that is how to be reckless with yourself." The truth was that she didn't quite care if she was injured, or even killed. Having someone there who would grieve the loss of her was still something she was readjusting to... and some bad habits picked up over the years since her Ascension were hard to shake.

By the looks of it, Darkeye didn't need more incentive towards self-harm. She accepted his offer to help with a nod, unaware that a fond smile softened her expression when her brother was brought up.

"His name is Amun. Perhaps..." She hesitated, contemplating the spots of blood dripping to the ground behind her new acquaintance. "I don't really need to eat. But... well... if you agree to pass by the infirmary and tend your wounds first, I... could join you anyway. Would that be agreeable?" Guilt would haunt her later, if he declined.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
He shook his head. "Your instinct is good. You move without thinking too much. A lot of people train for a long time to achieve what you do. With you, the movements are almost reflexes. That's a good thing. We can work on that. If that's what you want." He didn't want to blame her, but to be able to hurt her like that without training was very impressive in his eyes.

Darkeye grinned widely. "I used to fight very recklessly I lost hand and eye and I'm glad to have it back. I know what you mean I used to train very hard to have a high pain tolerance. I'm afraid I'm going to have to do that again. Walking on freshly cut straw and things like that. I have to say I've been putting it off for a long time." The grin grew even wider. He was starting to notice the blood loss, though.

He looked a bit surprised when she mentioned Amun and laughed dan. "I've already had a training fight against your brother, and I have to say you're doing better than he is. It's only a good fight when both sides bleed." he grinned broadly." Yeah, we can do that, then they can take a look at it, and maybe they can help you with your arm." He wondered if he should cut it in himself. "or should I set it?"
— the smartest do
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
How peculiar it was, to receive such words from another. It rhymed poorly with Maea's opinion on her own abilities... but as she was starting to realize, perhaps outside perspectives picked up on things she neither could, nor would see in herself on her own.
"I would like that very much," she told him honestly. "Thank you, for offering to assist me in this."

Some of what he said did make her wonder a bit what she was putting herself through. Walking on cut straw? Perhaps he simply did not know about ascended and their... differences. She ought to enlighten him, probably, though Maea wasn't so keen to discuss herself. Not yet. So she kept quiet, and merely nodded an understanding that wasn't there.

The idea of Amun being worse than herself at combat made her eyebrows shoot up however, and she actually laughed as she rose to her feet. "Somehow I doubt that. He is stronger than me, by far. Perhaps he just didn't want to hurt you? That is... I assume he's the one who did the bleeding."

Going to fetch her coat, the young woman tied her injured arm towards the chest using the sleeves, in a makeshift cradle. "I think I'll leave it for the infirmary. But thank you for offering. Shall we off? I'd like to get out of the sun..."

She gestured politely towards the exit, indicating Darkeye should lead the way. This day had definitely taken a turn for the strange... but it was not bad. Not bad at all.

----------------
{Fin}
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3