Personal Quest [split] [split] all the pretty little ponies
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
Tiger gone, Ray shifts back with a groan. She takes a second to tend to her injury with the supplies she brought. It doesn't take more than a few minutes, but the herbalist is sure it'll help in the long run. Once that's taken care of, the Attuned walks over to the equines.

Feeding her horse and unicorns a few snacks, the herbalist coaxes them closer. If given the chance, she'll rub a few noses and give a few pets as she talks to them. "It's ok lovelies. You're safe now, ok? We're almost home." Ray tries to keep her tone as soothing as possible as she's sure the tiger and her own shift gave them quite a fright.

Ray shifts back, tends to her injury, and tries to soother her horse and unicorns.
They have not
forgotten this
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Things couldn't just be easy. (Because only one of us succeeded.) No, instead of them managing to calm the unicorns, Ray and Maeve lose hold on two of them. They rear their heads back, jerking and huffing as they do, ears flattened against the sides of their heads and nostrils flaring wildly. It's enough that both women can't keep a steady hand on them. They pull back, hooves digging into the dirt path until they get enough traction to yank the rope from their hands, darting up the path by about fifty feet before they stop.

Still skittish and likely to bolt again if the trio isn't careful, the unicorns dance along the path, daring them to get closer. Thankfully Melita's trio is just fine. The honeybee having no issues keeping her mount and charges calm. "Let's get them before we lose them for good." Maeve murmurs, keeping her voice low and even as she begins to approach.

Round 6! Two more to go!

Get the unicorns!
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
MELITA
A rare turn of events indeed, that Melita’s composure managed to maintain the unicorn in her hold. Though, she’d probably have to give most of the credit to her stalwart steed, who seemed completely unflappable – tolerating her and molten tigers nearby.

So it was with great surprise that she found herself with her charge and the others’ hastening to take off. But with herd animals, there was a chance, an implication, they’d want to remain with their brethren, so she whispered in haste to the others. “I’m going to go this way,” pointing towards the left. “Maybe if we flank them, and then one goes in the middle, they’ll be tempted to come back to the group?”

Shrugging her shoulders, figuring it couldn’t be too much worse, she angled her unicorn and mount in the direction she indicated, with a slow and steady stride.

--

Melita offers some direction.
She's so hard to please
But she's a forest fire
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray nods at the plan and begins to flank the unicorns alongside her companions. "Sounds good." She whispers as she begins to move into position slowly so as not to spook the unicorns. She lets her horse graze a bit, adding to their nonchalant approach. Once the herbalist gets closer, she begins to speak to the unicorns.

"It's ok lovelies, it's ok. Come here so we can go home." Ray croons, getting as close as she dares. If she manages to get close enough to one, she'll hold out some sugar cubes and try to gently grasp the lead. The entire time she'll move slowly so as not to spook the unicorn.

Ray joins in on the flanking maneuver and tries to get her unicorn back with gentle words and sugar cubes.
They have not
forgotten this
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Melita makes a wonderful suggestion and it's enough for Maeve to start creeping around the otherside while Ray does the same. The problems are far from over. Thankfully, it isn't the Nightshade or the herbalist that suffer. Sorry, Mel, you can't have good luck for longer than a few minutes. Thems the rules. Ray uses sweet words and treats, coaxing her unicorns towards her with relative ease. It only takes a couple of tries to get both rope leads in her hand. Maeve makes her own shushing noises, hands held out placatingly as she inches closer and closer, making her think that this might go off without a hitch.

It almost does until a Modilu fly darts into the face of Melita's mount, managing to get into its flared nostril, making it snort and shake its head wildly. An unfortunate circumstance as it makes the unicorns Maeve is reaching for startle just as she grabs their leads, barely managing to keep a hold on them, "Come on now... Easy. Easy." It takes a lot of shushing and bribary, but eventually they all settle. "Alright, just a little further to home." The Nightshade says, setting off once more.

Round 7!

Fill the time as we walk home!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MELITA
Ah, well. Even the most faithful of mounts couldn’t be completely full-proof, and the poor thing had already put up with a multitude of antics over the past few days. She wouldn’t begrudge it a head-shaking snort as a fly infiltrated its nostrils, soothing it with several pats and tangling her fingers into its mane.

She started humming another soothing bout of notes under her breath, for her own equine and the unicorns alike, striving for another placating bout to ensure they’d make it home. It’d been a long, harrowing journey for a lengthy period of time, and she was sure all of them simply wanted the finale to it all.

--

Melita placates any pons nearby.
She's so hard to please
But she's a forest fire
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Things are finally looking up and Ray finds herself relaxing somewhat as they travel. Given how much trouble the unicorns have been thus far, not entirely their fault, the herbalist decides to distract them.

As she leads her equines, Ray hums softly under her breath. She wants the unicorns to hear her but doesn't want to alert any predators nearby of their location. The song itself is an old lullaby about dreams and such that her mom used to sing to her. The tune has always soothed Ray so she hopes her humming will do the same for the unicorns. At the very least it'll pass the time.

Ray hums a lullaby to the unicorns as they walk.
They have not
forgotten this
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

What a long and strange trip it's been. After two failed PQ attempts and restarting this damn things so many times. Maeve is thankful it's finally coming to a close. As they pass through the last of the thicket and onto a clear road, the city of Haulani stretching out before them in a welcome sight. The Nightshade gives an audible sigh of relief as they make their way into town and towards the Court of Stars, a stable made up for unicorns behind the building, waiting to welcome them all back.

"Finally... Let's get them settled. I think we all deserve a rest after this." Maeve offers her companions a smile, dismounting and leading the unicorns into the awaiting stalls, filling each bucket with plenty of food and water for both of the equines in her care.

Last round!

Feed, water, and care for you unicorns!
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Once they pass the line and cross into Torchline and then the Court of Stars, Ray lets out a heavy sigh. "Finally." She echoes, half laughing out the word. This has been quite the trip and the herbalist is very much looking forward to sleeping in her own bed tonight.

But first, the unicorns need tending to. Bringing them to their new stalls, she sets them up with fresh bedding, fresh water, and plenty of hay and grasses to eat. Once the unicorns have had a much-needed meal, Ray grooms each of them. With some final pats on noses and sugar cubes, she closes the latch of their stalls. "You did so good, sweethearts. Thank you." She'll probably make it a regular habit to come visit them whenever she comes to the Court of Stars.

Ray feeds, waters, and grooms her unicorns in their new stalls.
They have not
forgotten this
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Melita gave her own sigh as they began to enter back into Torchline; the familiarity comforting, the long, winding road of their travels, adventures, and journeys ending. That wasn’t to say she hadn’t had a good time, but a lengthy slumber in her own bed seemed all the more reassuring. “We did it,” she snickered and smiled, patting her mount once more, before dismounting, and beginning to assist in leading them into the stables.

From there, she ensured they were all fit and fine – giving water, feed, and providing adequate bedding for the stalls. Then she ran a soft brush over their coats, listened to them munch on hay and grain.

And probably sneaking a few treats. They deserved it.

--

Melita takes care of her unicorns and mount.
She's so hard to please
But she's a forest fire
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

And just like that it’s over. The unicorns are finally secure in Torchline. The quest is over. It took them longer than she was expecting, but the relief that washes over her when she sees all of them safely in their stalls is insurmountable. The equines seem just as relieved as they are. They tuck into the variety of food given to them, heads drooping as their brushed and praised, settling quickly into their new home. Maeve gives her two a final pat on the nose and a few treats before stepping back to turn towards the girls.

”I think we’ve earned ourselves a drink and a hot meal after all that.” The Nightshade says with a grin, jerking her chin towards the exit as she cleans off her hands. ”They’re on me tonight. I owe you guys one.” At this rate she owed them a whole cask, but this would be the start to paying it back.

And we’re done!! Thanks for being such troopers!!