Training Surf and turf
for Maeve!
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
The merman's face remained stoic, but there was a flash of what was, perhaps, dry amusement in his eyes as she agreed with his word. All amusement faded at her answer to his question, however, and he nodded slowly in acknowledgment of what she said.

He floated in the shallows, resting from his ordeal with the orca but also thinking over what the Queen had just told him. "Yes." The agreement with her assessment was simple but direct. "The mer traditionally stand apart. But those with ties to the shore may wish to help protect our allies there." In recent years the humans had engaged in several projects which benefited the merfolk, after all, earning a share of goodwill from those with open minds.

"These Ascended... was there a reason for their attack?" Calm green eyes met Maeve's gaze with frank curiosity.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I get them all worked up and down on their knees, you see
The Nightshade hadn't had a chance to talk to Ronin about the attack on Stormbreak. Why it happened. Was it provoked? The queen couldn't say for sure. A heavy sigh pushes past her lips and for a moment she looks like another person. She is just another person. A person put in charge of a region by her goddess and trying her best to prepare for the inevitable. "I'm not sure. I haven't had a chance to discuss it. Wessex isn't stupid and I don't think she'd simply attack for the sake of it, but I don't know and I won't until later."

Maeve answered truthfully, pursing her lips as her mind turned to put things together, realizing that she didn't know what could have spurned it. "All we can do is prepare in case they turn their attention here next."
They take my fingers in their mouths like it's poetry
Maeve
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
He listened and considered each word carefully, giving the subject the gravitas it deserved. Still, he tilted his head at an unfamiliar name, brow furrowing faintly in distant memory. "Wessex... is she the leader of the Ascended?" Now or perhaps... in the past? His tail moved restlessly in the waters; though his face remained stoic, he wasn't quite as calm as he seemed at this news and the chance such suffering could come to Torchline's balmy shores.

As he recalled, the Ascended might not need to breathe, which meant they could travel underwater even without an animal shift.

"What protections does the shore have, if this conflict comes here?" A question asked frankly, seeking knowledge of drylander troubles that might soon be coming home to roost - and potentially endangering any merfolk caught in the canals when it did.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Her head tilts to the side in consideration before finally shaking it, "She used to be. She's... I suppose you could call her their general? Isla is their leader." But Wessex worked in close proximity with her. Maeve knew that much for sure. Running a hand through her hair, feeling just as uneasy as her new companion, Maeve blows out a slow breath.

"We recently finished a fountain capable of healing within the Court of Stars and next season we're going to focus on something more defensive."' She already had thoughts on what to ask Safrin for that would be beneficial to Torchline should there be any for of attack. Not just from Ascended.
Maeve
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Hadama nodded in gratitude for the explanations and tucked the names away for looking into later. He didn't understand the intricacies of airbreather politics; they had never seemed important before. But now...

Now they might matter more than ever. And there was no guarantee that his people wouldn't be caught in the crossfire. It was time to start paying attention, better late than never.

"I have seen the Court from the canals. An inspiring structure." He tilted his head thoughtfully, considering the usefulness of such ready healing... but the canals didn't go into the Court. "Where within the Court is this fountain located?" An inquiry with perhaps more than passing interest.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
She smiles softly at the compliment of the building, "Thank you. I helped design it. I don't know if you've met Safrin, but it's made for her." Maeve explains as if that would tell him all he needed to know about the way it looked.

"The fountain itself is located inside of the garden. It isn't easily accessible from the water, but there is an open area next to it on the other side of the pillars." Already knowing where his mind was likely going the Queen doesn't hesitate to share the information with him. "It would take some work, but the Mer deserve just as much access to it as we do." There was a proposition buried in there if he was inclined to take the lead she was offering.
Maeve
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
"I have not had the honor yet," he admitted easily and without evidence of being concerned by that lack. Then again, the goddess had only been freed from the Barrier a few years ago - though she had certainly been making up for lost time! "But the star motifs are very beautiful."

He listened intently to her directions, though not all of them made immediate sense since he'd never seen inside the building before. Still... green eyes gleamed with quiet understanding as he met Maeve's eyes and nodded slowly. "Thank you. It is something... to consider." The thoughtful pause in the middle came with the sensation of gears turning as possibilities stirred to life. "May I speak with you again, Queen Maeve?" There was much to think on, and Hadama had never been one for rushing decisions if he didn't have to.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When you see something out of the corner of your eye, turn to look, and see nothing at all, what should you conclude? That you were having a hallucination? Or that your peripheral vision is perhaps not to be trusted. Ask yourself, are you tired? Drunk? Under the influence of something? Is the lighting good? Are there lots of moving shadows about? Are there reasons you have to think that your mind is playing tricks on you?

Because...well, because it would be absurd to think that out of the corner of your eye you had just seen a house. A house with a figure slamming its hands against one of the upper windows with enough force to shatter it, and then...

Well, then you looked and it was gone.

Nah, you're probably just tired.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve smiles softly, moving to stand, brushing the sand from her clothes as she does so. "Well, I hope you get to. I don't know another goddess who loves her followers anywhere near as fiercely as Safrin does." The Nightshade knows from experience that once you had the goddess's favor and continued to prove your devotion, there was little you could ever want. Safrin would move heaven and earth for those who mattered to her.

Pulling on her boots, Maeve nods at his words, offering him another smile. "Of course. I often find myself by the water, but you can always send word with anyone on the Ark. They know where to find me." She says easily, whistling for Aidon once her shoes are back on her feet. If the Nightshade does see the house from the corner of her eye as she makes to leave, she doesn't acknowledge it. There were too many other things turning in her head.

~FIN <3~
Maeve