The Storm meets the Dwarf
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"I very much hope so." Ronin chuckles at Darkeye's comments regarding the gods. "I'll admit, I have had my doubts over the years, but I do like to think that my priorities are not just to do Safrin's bidding." Not yet, at least, but he'll be the first to admit that with the war creeping ever closer, his purpose has definitely become more aligned with that of his goddess.

Any humour in his expression bleeds away as the other man apologises, Ronin nodding gently and absently cracking his knuckles. "Thank you. They say that time is a healer, but I am not sure I believe it."

Letting out a long sigh, he refocuses so he might give Darkeye a proper answer to his question. "I am Safrin's right hand, I suppose. Whatever she needs of me, I do my best to provide. It isn't always to do with war - she is a generous goddess to those who show her proper respect." As for Remi? That's a bit different. "He has become a sort of angel of mercy, you might say. He ensures that those who are destined to die feel no pain or fear."
show me your darkness.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Darkeye smiled. "I had to learn very early that even the gods are not always right even Kor is sometimes wrong. Mistakes can be made even by gods. It is also quite human to doubt and sometimes these doubts are serious. Perfection does not exist, some moments come close to that in my opinion, but I can be wrong." He said with a serious tone.

He nodded again. "I lost my family, my mother, father, and siblings, all sacrificed to demons, and no, I haven't forgotten, that was a hundred and twenty years ago. I remember it like it was yesterday and some things are not so Ronin. Some things are not meant to be forgotten either." He said with a very melancholic look.

The conversation Darkeye had with Remi, unfortunately, pointed in a different direction, but he knew he would not hear any other answer from Ronin, so he simply wrote that point down. "But you're still trying to stay yourself and not lose yourself in this task, aren't you? Would you also do something on their behalf if it went against your principles?" It was a stupid question but it had sin in the eyes of Darkeye.
Everyone is the architect of his own fortune

Coding base by Sky

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
His expression softening, Ronin nods his agreement with Darkeye and relaxes into his seat. "I don't think you are wrong there," he says. "They are difficult to find, but yes... some moments are as close to perfection as it gets. And those are more than enough, in my opinion." Even if they seem to disappear just as quickly as they come along.

His eyes widen as he realises how many years the man before him has walked the earth, Ronin itching at the stubble on his chin, feeling suddenly very young. "I am sorry for your loss," he says sincerely, fidgeting with one of the rings on his fingers.

Darkeye's next question has Ronin shrugging uncomfortably, and although he likes to think the answer is yes, of course he'd stand by his own principles... "The last time I asserted myself against Safrin, she took every ounce of my power away," he says. "So it might not be that easy. I would hope it didn't come to that, though."
show me your darkness.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Perfection as a human was vanity in the eyes of Darkeye. As well as gods. Gods were dependent on believers as believers were on gods. "I am glad that you see it the same way I do. If they were permanent, we wouldn't appreciate these moments."He says with a wide grin.

"I thank you"He had spent the last few years trying to find a way to get the souls back. They had been in captivity to the demon ever since. To free them, he would have to kill a god-like being... unfortunately, he had not yet achieved that much.

He nods to Ronin. He was just as free as Remi was in his eyes. "Personally, I don't like it when my abilities are dependent on a god. It's up to each person to decide." He said calmly. But he thought that he was just like the Ascended. They were as dependent on their god as he was.

Coding base by Sky

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"And personally, I feel the same," Ronin agrees with Darkeye's sentiment. "Unfortunately I don't have that luxury. I used to be an Accepted, but I was killed in a fight at the Hollowed Grounds years ago. Safrin placed me as a star in her sky, and then brought me back here as her demigod. All that I am, including my beating heart, is because of her." It isn't a choice he's made so much as it's a thing he's become, for better or for worse.

But they won't get much father with each other talking in these sorts of circles, so Ronin merely offers the other man a warm smile. "There you have it, then," he says. "Stormbreak, the Order, and me. I hope it was enlightening, if not always a pleasant discussion."
show me your darkness.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye listens to the story with great amazement. He didn't think it would be like this. He thought that Ronin had chosen her. But apparently, Safrin chose him. Just as Kor once did with him. "Impressive I'm glad she did. Now I also understand that she can take away your powers. But I hope you still have your will. I'm also happy for you that she doesn't mind your connection with Remi," he said with a big smile on his lips.

He nodded. "I thank you for your candor. and am glad this conversation has gone so well. I thank you for your honesty and the exchange of eminence. I hope we will have more conversations like this in the future, Ronin. If you have any questions for me, ask them, otherwise, I'll be on my way. I have a few things to do before I return and begin the repair work." He said again with a smile.

Coding base by Sky

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"As am I. Not that it was unpleasant, being a star. But I much prefer it down here with all the people I love," Ronin says, more than content to be open about that much. "And Safrin certainly has her opinions about Remi, but I like to think I have been able to strike something of a balance with her, these days." Especially after the incident at the Tower, he doesn't think he and his goddess have ever been closer.

Rising to his feet that he might see Darkeye to the door, Ronin nods to him. "Perhaps the next time we meet I'll have a few questions for you. For now, though, it sounds as though we are both about to be very busy." Chuckling, he opens the door and claps the other man on the shoulder. "It was nice to meet you, Darkeye. Be well," he says by way of farewell, waving him off before returning to the mountain of work for the morning.

~FIN
show me your darkness.