[Seasonal Event] This mess I've made
for Rory
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
Leaning back on her hands, Wessex takes a moment to survey the cabin, remembering viscerally that it wasn’t always this neat and tidy. She swallows before starting. “I came back from the perimeter check to find you guys gone and the door open. Everything seemed normal until I closed and latched the door, and that was when the rocker started moving. On it’s own.” She looks up at Rory, remembering the mixture of fear and resolve that coursed through her body, the determination to survive. “Except it didn’t kill me. Obviously, I’m -” a vague gesture indicates that’s she’s still here, and not dead. Again.

“It - them - I’m not sure if it was singular or many - but they seemed more interested in me than anything else. They broke everything that was remotely fragile in this place to try and get me to talk… took the nails out of the floorboards and levelled them at my head. When I finally agreed to answer their questions about being reborn, it was conditional. And Rory - they actually put this place back together because I asked them to."

Wessex sits up, wraps her elbows around her knees and shakes her head a little from side to side. “It was surreal. I’ve never heard of that happening before. I promised to ask The Voice if they could be reborn, but really I just want to know what they are. Why they can kill us.”

What she doesn’t need to know, however, is why her. The Ascended knows why. She also knows that they either need to get rid of them before the next LongNight or she needs to barricade herself up in a sealed tomb for a week, cause if she doesn’t show up, those Monsters are going to want vengeance.

“And then they left. So it seems like multiple miracles happened this LongNight. The SparkBird?” she asks gently, prodding him for a little more information. The stew begins to bubble, and she gives it a couple of swirls while she waits to see if he’s up for talking about what happened to him.

black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul

Messages In This Thread
[Seasonal Event] This mess I've made - by Wessex - 03-01-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] This mess I've made - by Wessex - 03-24-2019, 05:39 PM