[Seasonal Event] This mess I've made
for Rory
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
Perhaps Rory should start thinking of himself like that - more reluctant hero than anti-hero, because unlike Wessex, he probably could inspire others out of love. If Wessex’s power is in her strength and ability to command respect through fear, Rory’s might be in his ability to persuade through mutual respect.

If they teamed up, they might be quite formidable. But therein lies the true draw to Rory - he wouldn’t team up with her because he doesn’t want power. And that’s exactly why he should have it. Funny how that works. It would end up being a punishment of sorts and in the end, Wessex is not so mean as to put him through that kind of hell. Not for her own selfish reasons, for all that she does think the Naturals need a leader.  

In an attempt to lighten the mood, Wessex pushes herself to standing and looks for the nails she brought in. Ah yes, still on the counter. Now for a hammer… the woman rummages while her patient eats and muses back at him, “I’m sure that one day I’ll do something rash again and need your help. Might be Monsters or Outlanders or… fuck, I don’t know. Fall in love.” The very idea of an older woman like herself in romantic love seems outrageous, and she allows a rich, throaty laugh to fill the air. It’s funny ‘cause it’s true: if Wessex were to fall in love with someone, she wouldn’t know what to do with herself: how to flirt, how to court, how not to be anything other than the blunt, selfish, night crawler that she is.

“There it is,” she says, spying the tool by the door. Having all she needs now, hands and mouth keep busy by setting new nails into old nail holes and hammering them back down, testing each board for stability, and then doing the same on the other end. Silence falls and it beings to feel like they might be a very bizarre set of siblings. I mean, they’re both blonde orphans, right?
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul

Messages In This Thread
[Seasonal Event] This mess I've made - by Wessex - 03-01-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] This mess I've made - by Wessex - 04-09-2019, 01:54 PM