Training the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 2197
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Breathing did jack shit when air was no longer necessary to run basic brain functions. But she did as she was told and drew in useless lungfuls of oxygen. Struggling out of the chain until it dropped in a crooked circle around her feet, she tried to shake the vision from her mind. But it wouldn't quite go; the memory of it lay as if plastered against her retina.

Shuddering, she closed her eyes. Focused on the hands rubbing her shoulders instead. It was really nothing strange about the vision at all. Except... except the longer she lingered on it, the more it took on a familiar cast. Her own house, and well known faces twisted behind shattering glass. Brother, sister-in-law. Nephews.

Had they fought like that, before the monsters caught up?

"Not real," she repeated. Her voice cracked; she cleared it. Blinked furiously, until nothing clouded her vision anymore. "I've never seen... anything like that before. What's going on with this place? Is it spirits?" First the mist and the laughter, now this. It was uncanny, and unusual. The Grounds always held surprises, but they were taking on new forms.

"I wonder... if LongNight is really going to be all that calm, if this keeps up." An unsettling thought. Looking down at the chains, then up at Amun, the girl sighed. Practice had been interrupted because of her.
"Sorry. I guess you win by default."
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train - by Maea - 04-13-2022, 12:54 AM