Training the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Sighing, Amun rubbed his hands over his face. Somewhere along the way, during the earlier training or their final bout, he'd gotten muddy as well, but he didn't care if he smeared dirt everywhere. Instead he just took a moment to brush his damp hair out of his eyes and off his forehead.

"Before I say anything, just remember that I care about you, okay?" Scooting over, he turned to face her and bent one knee so it was resting on the bench. "You're stubborn. When someone does or says something that contradicts your worldview, opinions, or feelings on a matter, instead of being openminded about it you either double down or shut down." Grimacing, he scratched his chin.

Pausing just a moment more to let that sink in, his lips parted as he took a breath. "On top of that, you often seem to act from a place of fear. What, exactly, you're afraid of, I can't say, but it seems like sometimes every bad thing that happens or every time someone wrongs you it just confirms that fear, and any time something good comes your way you either discount it or worse, subconsciously or actively try to sabotage it." Biting his lip, he'd meet her gaze.

"But you're not alone. You have me, and a whole bunch of other people who would welcome you with open arms, if only you'd let them. Who can and would spend eternity with you." Looking down into his lap, he bowed his head. "You just need to give them...us, a chance."
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN

Messages In This Thread
RE: the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train - by Amun - 04-13-2022, 03:37 AM