Training the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
You're so cold
but you feel alive
He almost never spoke of his own past. In all honesty, Maea often forgot that her friend and brother wasn't exactly ordinary. He was so down to earth, seemed so content with who he was now... relationship struggles aside.
"No, I do believe you," she murmured, all the faith in the world coloring her voice. A faint smile streaked past her lips, and was gone again. "Just wish it would go away a bit faster, is all. It feels a bit pathetic to pine for an ex, when he's married and have kids and so on. I don't want to be stuck in the past, like he is." But she was. Her way of showing it just wasn't quite as extravagant.

The repeated advice did draw a slight sigh from the girl. Not annoyed, just... tired. Of herself, and her own stubbornness. "I know. I know I do. And I know I say 'but' a lot. But. I don't think there's any point, if I'm not ready to actually listen to anything she has to say. As you say, I'm very good at deflecting and shutting down. As long as I do that, everything she has to offer will sound like excuses and bullshit to me. Just like my own thoughts do, much of the time."  

She paused, and tried open an eye so she could watch his thumbs move over her hand. Affection and gratitude was a sweet ache in her chest; the definitely did not deserve this man's loyalty. Whatever had she done to earn it?

"Will you... come with me? When I tire of being stubborn?"
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train - by Maea - 04-13-2022, 06:16 PM