squashed in like sardines
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
Why was she bristling at him like this? Why all the belligerence, the cuts and needles? For all she said about fighting not being a solution - here she was anyway. Itching for something to take her mind off the torn and bleeding parts of her mind. And suddenly she knew why Sunjata kept getting into fights. Just like that, she understood.

Damn it. What a bad influence that man was on her.

It took some effort, but eventually Maea looked away. Off towards the street, where nighttime lay like a blanket over the settlement. People lay sleeping in their houses, and it was quiet save for their own voices.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. It must be the stress, as you said." Why did it irk her so much, that he thought the Voice was her best option? Old prejudice? On the other hand, it felt beyond good to know that Amun wasn't buddies and friends with Nate. Never mind that she had liked him well enough at some point; that sentiment was long gone now.

"I'll talk to the Voice." Maybe she would never be ready for it. Maybe it was more akin to pulling a rotted tooth - something you just had to get over with. If it made Amun stop looking like she had just thrown water in his face... all the better. "We'll go. You'll be there to keep me from running, and I'll... try not to be a brat." Dragging a hand over her face, Maea felt like she had lost some kind of battle.

But it hadn't happened here. Not really. It had everything to do with teleporting away, and leaving her brother behind. Being selfish, and stubborn... it might cost her more than she'd realized.
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Amun

You'll be faced with problems of all shapes and sizes
You're going to have to make a few compromises
Groaning, Amun rubbed his forehead. Then he reached out a placed both hands on Maea's shoulders. "Maea. Shrine for fluid, infirmary for injuries if we need to, bath. Not necessarily in that order. Then we take a nice, long relaxing break." He paused to let that sink in. "Neither of us are going to make good decisions right now."

Using his grip, he would try to steer her towards the buildings. For a moment, he didn't speak. Then, however, he sighed. "I meant it. Consider the topic dropped until you're ready, okay?" Grimacing, he looked over at her and arched his eyebrow. His eyes searched her features for some sign of what she was feeling besides scared and exhausted.
For now we're happy if not overjoyed
And we'll accept the things we cannot avoid
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
"Yes, alright. I got it." Allowing herself to be steered in whichever direction he preferred first - she suspected the bath - there was a moment of silence. When Amun spoke up again, she gave him a long look. He didn't seem to believe her. After all those pep talks and encouragements, she had expected him to jump for joy once she changed her mind. But apparently this turnaround was a bit too quick to seem real.

But it was.

"I meant it, too," she assured. Sure she was scared, and tired, but there was a sincerity there as well. Maybe she did it mostly for him, because he asked her to... but it wasn't the only reason. "But we can talk about it later. Let's go home."

----------
{FIN}
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦