Training wake up to the sounds
for Hadama
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
I am the wind that makes breathing hard
For some reason, Melita had expected the seed pod to be one of those things that lasted for eternity. Maybe youthful exuberance, the wildchild embrace of life instead of things mired in practicality – but the look of disappointment pressed into her features the moment the strike destroyed the shell. “Aww,” she murmured, eyes downcast for an instant.

Which allowed her stare to trace over the other proportions along the pool – nettled and nestled with them. And quite possibly, besides her weapons and companions, one of her favorite things. “What about a rock?” Crouching down for a moment, inspecting the potential wares, she selected an ivory one – figuring it’d be easy to find if it dropped in the water, and then tossed it over to him, before resuming her stance.
I am the ocean and the battered shore
I will be the passion of thunder, a howl of fury
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 36 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 48 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5675
Hadama watched her expression fall with a flicker of amusement in green eyes. Melita hadn't been bruised by the seed pod, after all; he was a little more biased on the issue, and reminded of it every time the sore spot on his chest twinged.

He blinked at the rock she found and took it, turning it over in his hand and testing the weight of it. "It will be sturdier," he agreed, but he turned a gleaming eye on her. "But I do not want to get hit by it. Aim it further out into the pool. And if I cannot find it, make a wish. The L'ma might like it." He swam a little further back this time in case he needed more time to dodge and lobbed the rock a little to the right of Mel.

"Have you wished on the L'ma before?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
Oh. Melita hadn’t been thinking about the potential backlash upon the merman. Contemplation for her usually went out the window the moment the impulsive notions started. “That’s fair,” she acknowledged with another nod, adjusting her position on the staff, and along the pool, figuring if she hit it, it’d go sailing beyond Hadama’s frame, and somewhere else in the vicinity.

And sure enough; as he lobbed, she struck, and it made a lovely, graceful arch, before descending into the abyss. “We helped the L’ma before!” She uttered and chirped, by some stroke of triumph, as she closed her eyes and made a wish. A simple one – before snagging at a smaller stone and tossing it over to him again. “Have you ever seen it?”
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
There was a sense of quiet relief from the merman as Mel's stance shifted slightly so she'd be hitting the rocks away from - rather than towards - him, and he was able to better relax into the training they were both undertaking.

He watched the stone fly sweetly off to the side, straight and true, and the plop it made when it hit the quiet tidepool waters was oddly satisfying. He caught the next stone, turning it over in his hands to admire the way the light caught striations of mica scattered in bands across its deep green surface. "I have not," he admitted. "But I heard the story of that day." He tilted his head respectfully towards the drylander who had helped the air-turned-sea creature. "Did it grant your wish?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
She watched as the rock descended; not as swift or keen as her prior shots with the seedpod, but enough to keep her content and satisfied as it disappeared beneath calm, undulating waves. Her eyes turned to see if he’d angled and readied himself for another shot, but instead, seemed to be admiring the stone itself. The honeybee could understand those fathoms – rocks were pretty cool – and didn’t give way to any manner of impatience strumming through her veins.

Her stare went to her companions, checking in, while Fangorn occupied Sila with waving vines and snapping jaws, before listening to the merman again. He hadn’t seen the mystical, mythical creature, but she’d never had her wish granted. “No,” she shrugged, and that was all right – there were more fortunes and destinies to be had, and it wasn’t like she didn’t carve her own path. “There were a lot of people here that day.” The restlessness drumming along her hands had her grasp changing, swiping the staff at any long grass nearby.
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Hadama looked up from the stone to watch Melita; seeing the restlessness in her, and the energy so barely contained in her small, muscular body. A hint of a smile quirked at the corner of his lips and he nodded slowly to himself as he tested the weight of it carefully. "A few more throws, and then I should go," he rumbled. "But thank you for today. I have a new skill to practice."

He nodded over to Fangorn and the little dragon being entertained by clever vines. "Next time, I will bring them fish to try." Plants liked fish, right? He thought he'd heard that somewhere. And dragons always seemed to find room for a fishy treat. "But for now... are you ready?"

It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon, and the merman eventually parted from the honeybee girl with the contentment of a productive and fun day.

~Fin~