Of Stranger Things
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
Right, so. Here she goes. Wessex shifts from a kneeling position to one of greater ‘comfort’ and less formality. She could stay there indefinitely, technically… but… why? Adopting a cross-legged position, Wessex sits upon the cold stone floor and looks up at her metaphysical mother.

“I survived a LongNight encounter with the monsters because I have been reborn. Rather than tear me to pieces, they - it - seemed both curious and outraged and demanded to know why. To the point where I was able to negotiate… which is something I’ve never heard of anyone doing before. Ever.” Wessex’s tone of voice betrays the amazement that still lingers in her mind. “Obviously I don’t know your reasoning behind it but I made some guesses.” She pauses for a moment, considering the recent conversation. “And something I said made them demand I ask if they - or it - could be reborn, too. Can it be? Why would it want that?”

She makes a face, something akin to disgust at the thought, or aversion, but ultimately neither of those emotions; toto have those noises, those grating bits, the infancy made real again, well none of those are pleasant thoughts. “When I was close to it… I saw images - teeth, jaws, and skin - that reminded me of the Spire Demon. Lady, are they… the same? Is the Demon confined during the rest of the year and let loose during LongNight?”

Is she connecting the dots? Or just headed in the wrong direction?

“And finally… do you think we can defeat The Demon? And survive?” Really it’s the last bit that’s the most important.

black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul

Messages In This Thread
Of Stranger Things - by Wessex - 03-01-2019, 11:00 PM
RE: Of Stranger Things - by the VOICE - 03-04-2019, 03:33 AM
RE: Of Stranger Things - by Wessex - 03-04-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: Of Stranger Things - by the VOICE - 03-06-2019, 03:49 PM
RE: Of Stranger Things - by Wessex - 03-07-2019, 10:15 PM
RE: Of Stranger Things - by the VOICE - 03-08-2019, 06:33 PM
RE: Of Stranger Things - by Wessex - 03-08-2019, 09:21 PM
RE: Of Stranger Things - by the VOICE - 03-10-2019, 11:41 PM