[se] linked to memory
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 157 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye shook his head. "I'll help you here for as long as it takes, I don't think I can expect Ronin's invitation until tomorrow, so where do I start? I won't leave you hanging here now." he winked at her and smiled.

He looked at the bunnies curiously and immediately began to pull out his book and draw them. "How do they do it? Is it magic ability or an organ they have?" He asked with curiosity. Ronin will have to wait a little longer, curiosity drove Darkeye away from his targets again. There was so much to learn here that could not be ignored.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
She smiled, pondering over what was left to do. Feeding, another round of medicine and herbs for several of the sicker patients, changing bandages, ensuring water was clean and settled for the rest of the day…”We’ll just start here,” she promised, letting herself, and Darkeye if he so chose, into the enclosure, and walking carefully over to the food stores. From there, she set out tiny tins, one for each of the animals, and passed him a cup. “Only one each,” and she proceeded with her own towards the buckets containing the feed, dipping hers within and then emptying it into one of the tins.

“Something inherent. Natural.” As was the state of many creatures within Caido – resilient and reliant on their innate tendencies. She watched the piebald colored rabbits dart about; they’d be released soon, given their renewed sense of speed, agility, and movements. “It a way to protect themselves. Often they’ll end up in a completely new directions.” Leaving their predators addled, befuddled, and confused, with the hares being able to escape and evade.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 157 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye was happy he liked such work. He copied her and had everything explained to him in detail. Taking care of the animals here and helping them made him very happy. He still wanted to ask her so many things, but he did not want to interrupt her now during the explanation. He did not notice the grin on his lips. But lately, it had become necessary to enjoy the little things in life. He did it just as she showed him.

Darkeye recorded the hares, trying to remember every detail. He noted what Lena said to the picture and hurriedly wrote it down. The face became almost like that of a child when it saw a gift. But with the weather-beaten skin, it made a macabre picture. "Can you tell me if they can do it willingly or is it a reflex?"
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
“Maybe both,” she murmured, as they set out the feed tins, and she watched as several came over willingly; but made to scamper the moment she or Darkeye moved. Thereafter, besides shaking her head, the Caretaker refilled the water, ensured it was clean before placing the liquid within, and set about inspecting the rest of the enclosure. “We can leave them be,” and just by meandering away, more of them came wandering in, smelling the food.

Thereafter, she took to roaming further in, taking her basket with gauze and wrap and some more of the food tins laden. “I need to change one of the unicorn’s bandages, and then they should be set for the day.” The aforementioned beast was a few yards away, watching them warily, but made no move to shuffle away, considering the wound on its stifle.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye followed her and wondered if he should catch and kill one in the wild to inzpiece it more closely and if it was possible to make something where it would allow you to do such a thing yourself. But they were also beautiful to look at. It was probably also very difficult to catch them. He followed her out of the cage and turned around to see them eating the food.

"Tell me what to do." He kept his distance for now the animal would calm down a bit. He looked at the animal with curiosity and tried to assess the wound. But came to no reasonable result. He just didn't know enough about the world.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
“You stay right there and remain calm,” and she smiled, handing him the food tin to leave on the ground. “I’ll take care of the harder part.” With soothing tones, with obliging notes in her Attuned measures and bonds, and perhaps the pellets as a distraction, she’d be able to take care of everything.

The unicorn shifted ever so slightly, not bolting, but very heedful, careful, ears flicking back and forth as it watched both of them. Familiar with Lena, but not with Darkeye, there was a narrowing of its gaze, suspicious, perhaps, while the caretaker crouched, intending to remove the old bandage from the stifle. “Ah, this looks much better,” she crooned, revealing marks of healing, and beginning to place more of her herbal medication on the new gauze.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye slowly placed the food box on the floor and stood by in case she needed help. Of course he had seen the unicorn at Deimos and had come very close to it. But it was still an impressive sight for him.

Darkeye tried to breathe calmly and like Lena, squatted down so the animal could perhaps relax better. Curious, he watched from afar as Lena took good care of the animal. He would ask her later about the ointment. But right now he didn't want to talk to make it even harder for her. The unicorn knew Lena but Darkeye did not.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Darkeye’s semblance of silence and lack of motions helped; the unicorn seemed to settle, somewhat, though Lena could still feel its heart beating in alternating rhythms, clearly contemplating if it should flee or not. Through soft croons and melodic hums, the Caretaker worked carefully, precisely, and quickly, placing the new gauze upon the mending wound, and intertwining the wrapping back in place. Thereafter, she rose back up again, slowly, granting the equine a pat along the back. “Well done. See you soon, dear.”

Then she turned back to Darkeye, taking hold of her basket. “There. We’re done here.” Permitting them out of the enclosure so the animals might have a decent supper and rest without any further disturbances, she began to make her way back to the bench, her sister’s lantern, and the paints. “I think dinner is in order now,” and she grabbed hold of her belongings, intending to make the trek back into town.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye continued to watch Lena as she rode off, trying to memorize everything, he would try to draw the scene later. "Yes, I think eating and drinking is a good idea. Thanks again for showing me all this, I am very impressed. Maybe you can tell me a little more about you and the animals over dinner." With a satisfied look on his face, Darkeye packs his things and follows Lena towards the dining room. He thought about the attack and what have changed. But with people like Lena there was hope that this could be a good place in the future.

Fin
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky