walking the path so many paced a million times
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos

The Sword was ever the pragmatic; not accustomed to flights of fancy or folly – a strategist through and through. Calculating, considering, before making those motions, those movements, in multiple venues of life. This one was no different, and so he sighed, unfurling a long, slow breath from his chest. “From what I recall about Maea, she was a devoted Ludo follower.” Hence, would have known better. Would have understood every notion, every semblance, of what she was facing now. Not dissimilar to Kiada in a way; though the Harpy had come back to them based on her family, her friends, and Chuy. If Maea had come back for Sunjata…his nose wrinkled at the thought of the man. “And would have comprehended the choice she was making.” She’d been with Mort, supposedly, and had that death, that eternal rest, before making her way towards the Voice. Maybe he was missing something here. “Was she deceived?”

Eyes glancing downward, studying a particular stone in the obsidian floor, then resting his gaze on Zuriel’s cloven hooves, he pondered further. “I have spoken to Ludo before. It can be fair, depending on how you discuss things.” As in, not a demanding approach.

But then he shook his head about the inquiries of the other Ascended. “Nate too.” He could be lumped together with the rest of the barbaric individuals.
you're all bronze and bite
all venom and fistfight
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Darkeye looked at the ceiling for an answer. "I think she was. Because everyone she came back for is no longer or doesn't want anything to do with her anymore she just says she has her brother Amun." Then he looked very closely at Deimos, his gaze was very clear and distinct. "He is dragging her into his abyss. He has demanded a promise from her. But maybe if you have time and want and she is still welcome, I'll come by with her and we'll talk. I think these are things you should ask her yourself," he said sincerely since he couldn't tell from these things exactly what was true or not.

He was glad to hear that. "I'll help try to keep a low profile. The conversation must be well prepared. Do you think Ludo would listen to Maea? Remi said she must not exist..."You don't ask anything from the dead. Kor I could use your advice in that regard.

He nodded. "Yes, the attack on Stormbreak showed what he is... But then why do so many people condemn all Ascended why not call people by name. It puts a bad light on the people who have nothing to do with it." he said rather thoughtfully. There was no reproach in his voice. It seemed more like Darkeye was speaking his thoughts out loud.
Everyone is the architect of his own fortune

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos

Ah, Amun.

Deimos had known the man well before all of this strife – a little foolish and naïve, but had been helpful, obliging, and on occasion, trustworthy. Time and circumstances had clearly carved someone else out of what he’d once been, and there was another sigh dragged through his lungs, because he couldn’t save everyone and there were some who’d made the choice long, long before. “No need. I will not bother her.” He’d only inquired based on Darkeye’s presumptions anyway, and the Sword had enough on his plate.

For the other notions, Deimos passed portions of the rope in his bands back and forth, from calloused palm to calloused palm, the restless energy coiling along his senses again. “I do not think so.” He’d be surprised, after all these other moments, that the herald would listen at all – because Maea had known exactly what she was doing.

And he didn’t have an answer to the other question, but he’d make note of it. “Some do not know them by name. But I will do better in that regard.”
all venom and fistfight
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye remembered their previous conversations and Deimos had to have a lot on the ears. The guild that now but no longer so runs. As a general difficult Leader. As well as his own life he also had so many dead friends... He also remembered back how they talked about the dead while baking. Deimos must be very lonely. "When we are near and we are still welcome. Maybe for a cup of tea? I will also start preparing for my goals. I have the permission of Isla to prepare my own forge and there I can make everything I need to found the village." He said calmly.

He looked more seriously at Deimos again. " I thought similar, unfortunately, but we'll see how it all turns out. The land shark is dead, by the way. I don't know if it's the one who got Bastien, but they are very dangerous hunters without the help of a spirit I wouldn't have survived." He said with a grin.

Darkeye nodded and a pleasing smile was visible. "Thank you, Deimos that is important to me and I am glad that you feel the same way" He was really glad that the few people who misbehaved were called by their names.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

“Perhaps,” he answered in return with the small inkling of a smile; no promises, no convictions on that front. By that time, it’d be past Deepfrost, and hopefully Halo would’ve found multiple ways of building, manifesting, strongholds and fortifications. Steadfast determination in ensuring the lives and wellbeing of the people of the mountains, those in his guild, and a collective threshold of found family ensured his days were occupied and filled; providing, training, instilling, and rarely giving way to much else. Even these moments were scarce and far between. “Sounds like you will be busy anyway.”

Notions of the land shark were at least positive. “Congratulations. At the very least, the land is that much safer.” One less roaming behemoth under the earth was a step in the right direction, even if it hadn’t been the one to consume Bastien. “How did you do it?”
all venom and fistfight
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye nodded he understood the general could make no concessions. He thought a lot of Deimos and would already call him a friend even if Deimos would see it differently. On the last comment, a desperate smile came out. "I have so much ahead of me Deimos but so little time. I will see what I can still implement and whatnot." Said Darkeye with a slight shake of his head. The schmeide einrichtien. Stormbreak help, the road to the grounds. The own village and still find time to talk to the gods. Not everything was feasible...

Darkeye looked more serious now. "I had help from Azrael Nikolai and Ophelia. I wouldn't have survived on my own. We tried it with large metal nets, but they were simply bitten to pieces. We then lured it with my blood to a large tree I think an oak. There the shark got stuck in the roots and killed it." He gave his short report.

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

That statement alone earned another snort; they all seemed to be on a condensed timeline, and the reeling motions were escalating, faster and faster, with the slip of time. Nothing was reassuring, save for the people they worked with. Halo had its own machinations in order, and perhaps it was for the best that they’d be sealed behind mountains and winter motions; more hours to get themselves in order, without the distraction of other comings and goings. “Of course.”

Tales of the landshark adventures had him leaning forward again, intrigued. Azrael’s name earned the faintest of smiles again, content to know that the child took after both parents – Rexanna, who always plunged into every sort of melee, and Bastien, who took up assistance when necessary. He didn’t recognize the others – the past too far gone, maybe, in all the seasons he’d spent away from the Grounds. “I am sorry you had to be bait,” with a vague tilt to his head, still somewhat amused by the antics nonetheless. “Did you find a good use for it afterwards?”
all venom and fistfight
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye smiled. "Well some wanted their share but I took the whole carcass with me I'm trying to figure out how the land sharks work I wanted to take it apart piece by piece to maybe get a lead on Bastien. But so far I only have a few teeth. Metal is better for that, but Voice played her game with me." He said with an even broader smile. The thought of what would come now is everything. He feared that because of the approaching winter the village exploration and expedition had to be pushed back. Life was hard in winter, at least in his country, the question was how was he here? "Deimos, this is my first winter in these lands, do you have any advice for me on how to deal with it and survive better?" he asked politely, and it was fine if Deimos did not answer. But if anyone knew, it would be the general of Halo.

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

“Understandable,” given the certain peculiarities of the curse. “We have used the skin for armor before,” if Darkeye needed any ideas; more leathery distinctions than the usual metal purposed particles. Something he’d be able to work with, in the meantime anyway, until the curse was broken or ended.

The inquiry about the upcoming season was treated with its necessary notions; and Darkeye would have an easier time than the trek amidst and amongst the mountain folk. “About what you would expect during winter – you will want to stock up on firewood and food.” Snag and hunt when and where he could; the scarcity could likely be supplemented by going into the Oerwoud jungles, or Torchline’s oceans for fish. “LongNight, however, is a little different. In the last week of Deepfrost, there will be no light, and no way to call to the gods.” He paused, considering, the slightest frown beginning to mar his features again. “That is the time we used to face the monsters. Supposedly, they will no longer be an issue.” Though the Sword had his doubts, given how one had slipped within Halo in the previous year.
all venom and fistfight
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye nodded. "Thanks for the tip, I'll try to get something made out of it." he said with a grin. It was more of that gallows humor that made him grin. He could be further along without the curse and now he is annoyed at his own impatience with Voice. Maybe she was right to react that way after all.

Darkeye looked at the ground and considered whether or not to say what was coming."According to Voice, nothing more will happen. But I don't trust it. I will prepare for it Deimos. If something does happen, I don't deserve this curse because she's so full of shit that my words to her were harmless. If nothing happens, my curse was too weak and I will have to ask for stronger punishment." He said with a more serious look.

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

A snort of cynicism and suspicion, with a hint of rancor, of bitterness, followed suit on that particular statement. “I do not believe a word she says. She said the same last year, and one still came through to Halo.” He’d already warned Maeve of the possibilities, for Torchline’s citizens, considering that they must’ve figured out how to utilize the portals. Or that not all of them had been bombarded – leaving him wondering if it would hold true, year after year. Some slipping through the cracks. Some managing to rampage even further, even farther.

He paused, pondering the implications, especially for the horde of newcomers who’d wandered into the midst. “Do you plan on staying in the Grounds?”
all venom and fistfight
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye nodded. "She has often denied herself on many things I don't believe her on that either. Isla also had a lot to say about it, but she couldn't tell me 100% if they would come again or not. I think we have to prepare ourselves and see what happens. I would like to investigate the places where they come from. But I think I'm too weak for that and I already have so many things going on that I have to put that on the back burner for now." But this threat had to be dealt with. Should these beings appear again, he would bring such a corpse to Voice Shrein and lay it at her feet, telling her to shove her lies where the sun would not reach.

Darkeye shook his head. "No, I don't. I intend to found a village where all those who want nothing to do with the war can come and live in peace, ascended ones like Attuned or Abandoned. As long as they keep the peace, I don't care who they are. I have also spoken to various initiators about this Maeva as well as Remi left open what they think about it." Remi only said that he didn't care if he had to kill someone, he would attack the village, but he didn't say anything about that.

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

“We were never certain on their location.” Not when they only arrived on the eaves of the frost, in the chill of the evening, when rapacious edges all turned dim and black. “There have been some theories about underground.” But then he shrugged, entirely uncertain, and no longer willing to bombard his way through the dirt to see if the speculation proved valid. Not when his dedication had long since ceased to the Grounds, and not when there were hordes of other means to accomplish in a land he cherished. “Likely wise of you.” It wasn’t Darkeye’s responsibility either.

That the smith had no intentions of staying in that threshold anyway meant notions of preparations could change and alter. “You are going to construct this all during Deepfrost?” His head tilted, features indicating a level of uncertainty; but he’d be impressed if the man could pull it off.
all venom and fistfight
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He wondered if these creatures had completely spread him underground. "What do these monsters look like so I know when I encounter one?" Darkeye wanted to achieve more with more strength. Even going underground had been his duty as a dwarf, but he was no longer one, so he wondered if he should take care of it in the future. But was it really his job to clean up the mess of a would-be god? The answer was easy. Yes, if it would bring peace and security.

Darkeye wanted to say yes but he couldn't. "I need to find the right place to do it, but as soon as I do, I'll start building a hut for myself and a few more people will want to come. I find it better to get something done and to do it. Then to hide and be afraid of the dark," he said with conviction. It was not meant to be an attack on Deimos. But he had the feeling that the people of the LongNight were too afraid. He had not experienced it yet, but he had to act.

Coding base by Sky