there's still time to change the road you're on
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And time it waits for no one
It heals them when you die
"An obedient servant with insecurity complex? But I can see why that would be more imposition than benefit. Unless you're really into that sort of thing." Based on previous conversations however, that clearly wasn't his style, even if she didn't know him. Which was the whole reason why she was here right now, sprawled on a strange staircase in the middle of nowhere with her head on his lap and comfortable enough to actually speak about what went through her head.

"Mh, possibly. I just think there would be more signs, if dragons did pass through. Droppings, tracks, carcasses, that sort of thing. As dor the portal..." She paused to consider. "Only way to find out is to examine it closer. Not sure about you, but I'm not really in the mood for potentially running for my life right now." As if to illustrate she brought the arms over her head and stretched luxuriously, her spine arching like a cats before she relaxed with a contented sigh.

As he began to address her precious question however, Maea's expression took on a more serious note. Her gaze turned to Amun, and for a time she regarded him thoughtfully.
"I want to be where I can be most useful," she replied finally, in a subdued tone. "Let's be completely frank; I'm still not convinced that anything about this war is a good thing, or even the right thing. I just don't want you to die. Right now, that's all I care about. I don't know most of the others; they don't really matter to me. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's the truth. So... in the end, I will do whatever I can to keep you safe. If that means fighting to keep the Voice safe too, or staying out of everyones way and work in the background... that doesn't matter."

Pausing, she kept her gaze fixed on her brother. Raking her lips with the teeth, she shrugged, then added; "I would prefer to go with you to the battlefield. But I'm aware it might be more of a burden than help to you, since I'm not strong enough to hold my own, yet."
And soon you are forgotten
A whisper within a sigh
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: there's still time to change the road you're on - by Maea - 04-25-2022, 01:53 PM