there's still time to change the road you're on
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And time it waits for no one
It heals them when you die
"How reassuring," came her murmured response, dry and faintly amused. She closed her eyes for a moment as their brows connected, but moved away soon enough.

Standing on the edge, she watched Amun as he came over to stand beside her. His reply brought a frown of worry to her brow, but she nodded. Understanding what he meant. "Physical discomfort used to be my distraction from the emotional pain," she explained. "If I was sad, or upset, or even very happy, I used to move. Run until my lungs burned, or work until my bones ached, or train myself black and blue. It sort of... pulled me out of my own head. Returned me to reality, in a way."

Withdrawing a hand, she held it up and turned it over. Examining the puckered skin and wax-like texture that disfigured the fingers, with a distant look. "But that doesn't work, these days. When I get restless, or my head is full of the wrong things, I don't know how to move out of it, anymore. Talking - it helps to an extent." She shot a smile at Amun, trying to reassure. "But not... all the way. And no amount of training or work seem to entirely resolve this feeling of distance I have. To everything. Do... you get that, too?" Was this normal, her expression seemed to ask.
And soon you are forgotten
A whisper within a sigh
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: there's still time to change the road you're on - by Maea - 04-25-2022, 10:09 PM