there's still time to change the road you're on
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And time it waits for no one
It heals them when you die
Tilting her head back to give the veiled stars a dubious stare, Maea drew in a breath and... felt it catch at the back of her throat. Stifled by some ingrained compulsion to be quiet and keep out of sight, to stay out of mind and unobtrusive, lest someone take notice of her existence. Maybe Safrin would be upset, if she howled at that distant night.

The noogies brought her attention back to her brother. Though it didn't hurt, he was still making a mess of her hair and Maea fended him off as best she could, though it amounted to very little resistance in the end. Art. Music. Dance. Laughter. It all suited him so well. Sunjata had enjoyed boxing, and drinking, and making conversation with strangers - she recalled happy times at the VlamVloed, with him behind the bar and she seated at a table with her nose buried in books, before everything broke. Loren... was more of a talker, as she recalled. Pensive and philosophical, just like herself, when he wasn't drowning in his own darkness. An artist, too, from what little she had seen of the maps he drew.

And she?

"I... liked music," she said slowly, hesitant as if it was a question. "Singing... I helped Jigano compile the songs we had in the Grounds." Her eyes grew distant. Did that count as work? "And... training. I actually enjoyed training. It felt good, to learn new moves and feel myself grow stronger."

It was so very little, compared to Amun's many varied interests.
And soon you are forgotten
A whisper within a sigh
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: there's still time to change the road you're on - by Maea - 04-26-2022, 11:14 PM