(o) you're not the same, you died along the way
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
Rest against my pillow
like the aging winter sun
A lantern for her? It shouldn't surprise her, but it did. Especially that he kept it. It earned Sunjata a long, puzzled look where questions burned - questions she wasn't sure she wanted answered. So she asked nothing. Only nodded, and chewed slowly on the inside of her lip.
"Thank you." For what, though? For sparing her a thought every once in a while? For not hating everything they had once been? Even though her biggest contribution to his life came in the form of scars... at least that was something, right?

It shouldn't taste so bitter, yet it did.

All things considered, it was probably a good thing. Made it easier to go on; embarking on a quest to ruin his day quite thoroughly. Maea averted her eyes, and stared off into the far parts of the glade. Somewhere amidst trees and water and wind-blown leaves lay the end to his goodwill. She could practically guarantee it.

"I don't know if you recall, but back when the Slagveld burned... there was another fire, too. At Nate's hospital? I'm the one who set that fire."

Simple as that, the truth was out. One she had never thought she would ever reveal. And why now? Maea couldn't have told anyone, because she wasn't sure herself. Some personal quest for redemption, perhaps, or just a way of purging her guilty conscience. Maybe, as Wessex had suggested, she actually tried to make amends.

Gods knew, it was not an easy thing, for all that the words dropped light as water drops from her tongue. That was the simple part. The rest... She braced herself for the rest, and waited for Sunjata's response.
Only wake each morning to
remember that you're gone
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: (o) you're not the same, you died along the way - by Maea - 04-27-2022, 02:22 PM