(o) you're not the same, you died along the way
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
Rest against my pillow
like the aging winter sun
The stillness of him was new. Somewhere in her mind she had expected some great outburst, perhaps a hand at her throat or some other grand display of pain and dismay. Perhaps that's just what she wanted to see. Instead, there was only that resounding question, the drooping wings and -

- a scream that curdled the insides. Maea's head shot up and she turned even paler than normal at the sight of the ghostly woman in the distance. For an instant her gaze locked with the creature; then she hastily looked away and slipped down from the rock to crouch behind it. Attempting to put physical barriers between herself and the banshee, to hide and pray the creature away.

It took a long time before she registered Sunjata's question, and even longer before she found her own voice and was able to answer.
"I wanted to hurt you," came the weak response, and it was hard to tell if it was the banshee's scream or the topic that made her voice shake sightly. "I came back for you, gave up everything I believed in to be with you... and you shrugged me off like a bad memory. It hurt. I couldn't... there was nothing that would take the pain away. And you didn't even seem to care. So... so I wanted to make you care. Feel something, anything - and it seemed that the only way to make that happen was to hurt what you cared about."

Staring off along the treeline, she refused to look at him. Huddled on the ground with her back pressed against the rock, Maea had a distant expression about her. All wrapped up in the black memories, and the insanity that came with it.

"That's why... I went after what Nate seemed to care about."
Only wake each morning to
remember that you're gone
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: (o) you're not the same, you died along the way - by Maea - 04-27-2022, 04:59 PM