(o) you're not the same, you died along the way
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
Rest against my pillow
like the aging winter sun
The mention of Delphia's name made her lip curl. "Believe me, I would like a very long and thorough discussion with her about that," she intoned, quiet and with a flash of anger passing by. "I never set any conditions. I hope you can believe that, if nothing else. All I wanted was for you to know that I - " But she broke off. Swallowed back words that no longer felt quite as true as they had once been. Besides, he already knew. She had delivered that message herself, no thanks to the demigod of Mort.

But with that came also the end to her justifications. The rest was simply bludgeoning, a rehashing of what-if's and maybe's that saw her wanting to fling her arms out in exasperation. Instead Maea only curled in tighter on herself, wishing she was a hundred miles away. The worst part wasn't even the pain. It was the realization of how diminished she had become in his eyes. Petty and pathetic, recklessly dumb, selfish - the list went on parade through her head as he spat her words back at her.

She bit down on the impulse to explain why she was telling him all of this. Maea realized that it didn't matter; he wouldn't care, either way.

"Of course," she replied, subdued. "I never meant for you to do that. I only wanted to give you the chance to determine when. So I don't do more harm. You know Nate better than I." Obviously. Whatever friendship that might have been budding between her and the blue-eyed man was probably long beyond salvaging at this point.
Only wake each morning to
remember that you're gone
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: (o) you're not the same, you died along the way - by Maea - 04-27-2022, 11:43 PM