Site Wide Event Festival of Lights - 313 PC
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
"I hope so," Mateo says to Chaele, about dispatching his own quarry and hopefully crafting a mask like theirs. "I am not much of a fighter, though. I like plants." Not that those cannot be deadly in their own way. Finishing the cake and wiping his mouth and his hands (leaving streaks of crimson on his sleeves and pants), he sticks out a little hand for them.

"My name is Mateo Taliesin," he greets, his accent lending a musicality to the words. He has two adults around that Chaele will likely know quite well at this point, but they are unlikely to come to the rescue. Mateo quite likes it that way, in situations like this one.
Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int: 0
Played by: Cith Offline
Change author:
MP: 235
chaele
worship like a dog
The name does give Chaele pause; it is the kind of familiar that would only occur to them in some later, sighing revelation. For now they remain perplexed as to how to respond, eventually deciding to simply take the sticky little hand within their own long, carved fingers and shake it gently in greeting. “I am Chaele,” they offer in return, then tuck the last of their candy behind one ear so that both hands can be used to retrieve a small box from their satchel.

“There is no great difference between plants and animals,” they suppose, more a conjecture than a lesson. The box is opened to reveal various remains of both: bones and feathers beside herbs and petals. They retrieve the dried husk of a tiny pitcher plant and offer it to Mateo. “Each has its own instincts for survival and its own purpose in nature. Each is useful after death in the sustenance of new life.”
at the shrine of my lies
Code blatantly stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Online
Change author:
MP: 5675
The white dragon arrived first, Tal trailing in her wake. His scowl was firmly in place as he trudged to the edge of the party and hung his paper-walled lantern with its simple designs carefully from a branch he could barely reach.

Only then did pale eyes seek out reassuringly familiar faces among those gathered; Deimos and Cordelia, Sah and Noah, Melita, Maeve, Amun... His scowl eased a trifle and he leaned against a tree. It was enough to simply be there, this year. And to be alone out of choice rather than necessity.

Boreal crooned softly, nudging his hand with her blunt muzzle until he tugged lightly on one of her horns. Then she shook her head and trotted over to one of the snack tables. They were of a convenient height for her to simply rest her jaw on and steal a mouthful of sugared candy skulls while her bonded looked at the lanterns and simply... remembered.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Of course Ludo watches. It always watches at this festival, peeping at the lanterns and whispering through the trees. Is it the people who intrigue it, or their memories? Because oh, memories there are in abundance. And just as things are warming up, as old friends and new meet to talk and remember those who once were, a trickle of dead leaves picks up and begins to swirl around...

Melita

Of course, Ludo does not have the Ascended souls (as you well know), and the others that the honeybee girl mourns are not in Caido. But, feeding on the things she recalls, Melita will feel the press of a maternal presence around her shoulders, a kiss to her fiery hair, and the sound of a sibling's sweet laughter on the breeze.

And beside the table of confections, perhaps a glimpse of a fanged couple; one raven haired and beautiful, the other handsome and charismatic. They share a kiss, caring nothing for the public nature of their affections; but then Bastien and Rexanna always were that way.

The memories play out, marching to the beat of Melita's heart, before fading once more as if on a sigh. Another Festival of Lights concludes.

Melita has been chosen by Ludo! Reactions/responses are welcome, but this thread will close in 48 hours.
LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
I am the wind that makes breathing hard
The honeybee was known for her fierce, feral, prone to impulse, nature. Not the one that grasped at her heart now, that stirred against dead leaves, that made her pulse quicken, eyes widen –

A rush of air took over her lungs as memories stirred and her mother was there, at her hair, at her shoulders, at her presence, and she turned, trying to see, trying to do more than feel those memories. If her hands reached out, could she grasp hold? Would the woman never fade?

And then her sister, somewhere on the breeze, twisting and turning, and she could almost see her, facing the wind and laughing, uttering sweet songs and telling her not to be disheartened (there was so much more to life - she knew that) –

There at the table too, in and amongst other ghosts, maybe, were the beautiful couple. The youth laughed amidst her tears, trying to dash them away from her cheeks, hide them from view, but they were free-flowing eventually, while companions curled along her neck or by her ankles. “Thank you,” she whispered to Ludo, and to so many other things.
I am the ocean and the battered shore
I will be the passion of thunder, a howl of fury
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
the lullaby
And if the sky grows heavy
wrap your arms around me tight; we'll be alright
Inhaling softly enough that likely only Ronin would hear it, the alchemist stiffens at the sight of Bastien and Rexanna. It is the latter of course who holds his interest, and though the Penumbra would likely only have eyes for her daughter, gods but Remi couldn't pull his away.

Reaching for Ronin 's hand, the Huntsman will no doubt feel the complicated swirl of emotions pouring from his husband. His relationship with Rex was no stand-in for what he'd had (and lost) with Isla, but it was strange for him to feel so fond for a woman. Then again, Rex had known him at a very different time. 'I love you.' Remi says suddenly, his eyes still on Rexanna. Quickly though he turns, the words meant only for Ronin. 'Let's go home.'
If the ground gives way beneath us,
If we should fall to pieces
Find me where I first found you
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
The Huntsman does feel it indeed, Ronin squeezing his husband's hand and offering him a soft smile, even before the admission of love spills from his lips. His gaze lingers more on Bastien than Rexanna, of course, remembering the man he'd once called his good friend, the interests they'd shared and the conversations they'd held. All gone now, but at least he'd never had to face him in an open conflict. At least he had died before the war. (And what a macabre thought that is).

"I love you too," he whispers to Remi, leaning in to kiss his cheek. Nodding gently, he beckons Mateo from the treats table and turns to usher them away from the Feverlands. Floating lanterns and memories of loved ones will be there next year, he's sure. He just hopes he doesn't have to hang any new lanterns.
show me your darkness.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 157 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye is very very happy that Melita has won. He does not begrudge her at this moment. To be with his beloved once again is a wonderful thing. He is even happier when he sees Bastien and his beloved. And it seems that many are of the same opinion. He nods again to Bastien and browses him. "I tried to avenge you, my friend. Your child helped me a lot... Rexanna we never met but please take care of old rapscallion for me." Says Darkeye jokingly. He doesn't know if he can hear him. Even if he can't, it shows that even death is not the end. You can still be with your loved ones.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky