f r e s h
open!
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
He gives her the courtesy of rolling his eyes as she literally does say it again, Jack huffing out a stream of smoke and stepping up and onto the Rainbow Road, not that it is much of a road in the traditional sense. With colour blooming all around and a sky as blue and warm as most other places in Flowerbirth, it's as much a paradise as anything else.

You wouldn't peg me at all, I bet, is what he wants to say, but Flora probably doesn't know what that means, and Jack isn't in that sort of a teaching mood just now. "You have no idea," he says instead, of being more than a handsome face. He's someone worth knowing and someone worth avoiding, but more of that later.

"Sure, though. You come find me once you've got your fun little throwin' knives, an' we'll see what we can do about your aim."
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
never be so kind you forget to be clever
Inhaling, Flora finds she likes the smell of Jack's cigarette smoke more than she liked the taste of it. Or perhaps that was just the water gin talking. Or perhaps freedom and being able to choose your own destiny just had a sweeter smell than she'd ever realized. 'Huh.' Flora comments, seemingly unimpressed at the sudden rainbow belch of colours around them. "No?" She wonders, leadingly as she arches an eyebrow.

But apparently this was more or less where the conversation was meant to end, and though she does her best to hide it, there is a sudden yawning chill in the pit of her stomach at the realization she's about to be left alone. "And where can I do that?" Flora wonders suddenly. "Find you after, I mean." to
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
"No," Jack confirms with a mirrored arch of his eyebrow, as if to tell her that she'll get nothing further out of him, despite her leading attempts. (Give it a couple of years and that might be a different story, granted). He meanders a little further down the Rainbow Road with her and past a geyser that showers them with droplets of warmth, before nodding at the winding route ahead. "Shrine's that way," he says, and clearly this is where their trip together ends.

As for where she can find him, though, he turns to peer out across Kaiholo Port below, pointing at a ship nestled between a couple of others. With the wood laquered dark and the sails a ruddy red, like the blood of sunset, the Ark always stands out, he finds. "She's mine," he says. "Ask for me there."
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
never be so kind you forget to be clever
Very nearly Flora is about to ask if he's a deckhand or a first mate. It is very lucky indeed that she finds herself squinting to make out the Ark such that Jack has time to supply that he's actually the captain, thus saving Flora from a world of embarrassment (and potentially something much worse). "Oh." Much more impressed with the ship than the colourful rocks around her, Flora blinks a few times to steel herself against his departure.

"Thanks for the drink. And..for showing me the way up here." In her fantasies, this is where the handsome captain sweeps her off her feet, showering her in kisses (Flora's fantasies are still fairly PG at this point). In actuality, Jack just turns and...leaves.

Watching him for a few moments, Flora eventually turns, takes a breath, raises her chin, and marches toward Frey's shrine.

~FIN