Simple Gifts
for Nature Frey
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Boreal was outside playing with the three snow-velociraptors she'd adopted while her bonded took a deep breath and settled himself in front of the altar. He'd brought the largest, ripest Deepfrost orange he could find from the greenhouse and a sturdy clay mug of steaming hot cider from the family press, freshly heated at a nearby fire.

Once he was ready Tal lit a stick of incense scented with cinnamon and cloves and took a deep breath. He snuck one last peek at the items on the altar, then found his courage to speak.

"Frey? I was hopin' I could ask you something. An' thank you, too, for everything you've done for us. Everythin' you're still doing. I'm uh. I'm Tal, by the way. Talyson Seawright." He winced a little at his awkwardness, rubbing his hand nervously over the back of his neck.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
"Such a warm welcome at such a chilly time." Frey can't help but sound amused, because they almost always sound amused. Appearing without pomp before Talyson, they are clad in a series of contradictions; Ursur fur and bare bronzed skin both respect and make a mockery of the climate in tandem, but nevertheless, it's with eager, grateful fingers that they reach for the orange and the cider.

"It is good to see my greenhouse is getting some good use," they all but purr as they peel the orange, sinking white teeth into the juicy flesh. "What is it that I might do for you then, Talyson Seawright?"
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The courier jerked upright at the voice that warmed the chilly air, but his surprise swiftly shifted to wonder at the sight of the god. He bobbed his head in an awkward nod of affirmation at the purred observation, but Frey's casual comfort eased some of his own tension and as the offerings were accepted Tal took a breath of the cinnamon-scented air and let his hand fall back into his lap. "The greenhouse has been a big help," he agreed. Pale eyes were bright with enthusiasm as he leaned forward a little. "Bein' able to grow fruits an' veggies even in Deepfrost is a real life-saver!" Sometimes literally, in the case of medicinal herbs.

"And the dome over the Citadel, too. Bein' able to walk around even when its coldest out an' see friends and family... It's incredible. So, thank you for that!" He took a deep breath then, focusing on Frey's question and the impetus for his prayer.

"Actually, it was the dome that I wanted to ask about. Or at least something' like it, but smaller." He lifted his hands in a gesture of trying to shrink down a sphere, brow furrowing in concentration. "Could you make somethin' like it, that keeps the weather from hurtin' folks, but sized for one person?" Nervous excitement caused him to add: "The ravens don't always get through in Deepfrost, an' I was tryin' to find a way to run deliveries to and from Halo - and everywhere else, I guess - all year round." It was hard work, but Tal loved his job and chafed at the limits to his travels that came with Deepfrost.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
Inclining their head in a nod, Frey sips at the cider and punctuates it with another bite of the orange, the juice running down their chin and into the pure white of the furs that clad their body. Clearly Tal's gratitude is pushing all of the right buttons, even though neither aspect of Rae's herald is particularly egotistical.

Raising their brows at the prospect of a smaller version of the dome, they stroke a finger along their chin and nod. "I think we could make you something like that, yes. But it would only protect you, so be wary of any companions. Let's see... what would we need..."

Tal has received a quest! He must:

1. Complete a thread slaying an Ursur and harvesting its pelt
2. Complete a thread slaying a Lial in The Climb and collecting one of its teeth
3. Complete a thread collecting volcanic rock from Apopo in Torchline

He will receive:

Frostbite Cuff | Light | Defensive
A fur-lined cuff which protects the user from sub-zero temperatures. Does not affect the environment or any environmental issues associated with the cold (e.g. deep snow, icy ground)
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
At the mention of companions Tal glanced worriedly back towards where Boreal was playing with her snow-dinosaur pets, but when he looked back to Frey it was with a nod of understanding. "Yeah... makes sense." He'd miss her at his side, but she could take care of herself without him for awhile if he needed to go without her.

He listened intently to the list with a furrowed brow, face falling into its more usual frown as he worked to commit the tasks to his messenger's memory. Taking a deep breath when he was sure he had it, he grinned up at the god. "I can do that! Soon as I figure out what Lial looks like!" Which, thanks to the Monster Hunter Guild's records, he could look up before the snows melted enough to let him reach the Climb. "Thanks, Frey! I won't let you down!"

~Fin~