Knock on wood
Delivery for Remi!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5675
Tal gave a fervent shake of his head at whether he'd met Remi's husband yet. A Safrin's Fallen Star could be only one man, and the courier was certain he'd remember crossing paths with someone like that. Just like he wouldn't forget Noah or Remi. Demigods made a certain impact that was hard to misplace.

"That's... not..." Tal trailed off, confusion and conflicted emotions plain in the way he chewed furiously at his lip and reached up to scrub fiercely at the back of his neck. "That's a terrible reason to have a kid," he said finally, sounding more than a little lost. Safrin had seemed so kind...

"Is it better, workin' for Ludo?" he asked of the Lullaby himself.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
the lullaby
How do I learn my dreams to mold
To lay them bare in the morning cold?
"Yep." Remi replies baldly; not even the musicality of his accent could make the word seem buoyant when it was nearly spat out. As for Ludo? Sighing with enough force that his shoulders rose towards his ears before settling back, Remi can only shrug. "Better than working for Safrin, almost surely. Would I recommend it? No. It comes with its strings as well. The difference is that I agreed to them." Most of them, anyways.

"I promised Ludo an anything-favour if it saved the life of someone I cared about. Years later it called in that favour and now here I am. I would undo this, if I could." Especially since, timelines not withstanding, he couldn't even remember the woman he'd made the promise for in the first place.

"You gave me a parcel I didn't ask for, so in return I give you advice you didn't ask for: use the gods to get what you want and need, but never go so far as to pledge yourself. They will make you think they have to...but only because you are an accepted. Because you can be for any of them. Keep that. That is where true power is."
If they're still out there then the chasm grows
For all you know, for all you've known
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5675
Huh. The courier blinked, visibly taken aback at Remi's bluntness in not advocating for his own god. "...Oh..." He managed, subdued as he wrestled with the implications of what he'd just been told.

The young man was already dazed and his head was swimming when Boreal finally took pity on her bonded and ambled over to shove her broad head under his hand, leaning hard against his hip. He started scratching between her horns out of habit, but the familiar action helped him focus on Remi once more as the Lullaby began to speak.

Pale eyes widened at the forthright advice and a light clicked on upstairs. "I never thought of it like that... The way everyone talks, I figured we had to..." He trailed off and gave his head a shake - but carefully, as if afraid to damage the fragile new ideas taking shape there. "That's... that's really good to know. Thanks!" The grin he flashed the demigod was wry as he reached up to rub the back of his neck awkwardly again. "Uh. Well. I hope the package turns out as good as the advice. If y'ever need something delivered to someone who's been dodging your ravens, just look me up in Snowcloak." The grin took on a decidedly cheeky lilt as he hefted his now much-lighter pack.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
the lullaby
How do I learn my dreams to mold
To lay them bare in the morning cold?
"I think that is exactly what they want you to think." Remi says with a wayward sigh. "As someone who started out life as a shapechanger—an attuned—I can see the pull of it, but...it does bind you to them in a way that is hard to understand at the beginning." Years of jaded interactions had certainly hardened the alchemist against such gifts, but then, he was in a rather privileged position that few would ever find themselves in.

"Thank you." Remi might not have a need for a courier, preferring to do his dirty work himself, but the man was just doing a job. "Safe travels back. And if the Greatwood tries to lure you in...just be prepared that she might not let you go quite so quickly." This is said with a small and almost affectionate smile.

"Take care, Talyson." Despite this, it was to Boreal that Remi was actually looking, offering the dragon a predatory wink of approval before turning to make his way back into the Greatwood with his whatever-the-fuck-Noah-had-sent under his arm.

~FIN
If they're still out there then the chasm grows
For all you know, for all you've known
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.