dancing in the moonlight
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve
Why would you make out of words
A cage for your own bird?
"Thank you." It was a newer piece and Sunjata was one of the only other people to see it in its entirety at this point. Even Amun hadn't seen all of it. Maeve scoffed, shaking her head, "Absolutely not. I might have a tolerance for pain, but even I can't sit that long." The Nightshade laughed, letting her skirt fall back into place as she took one more sip of her wine, setting her glass down and shifting her attention back to him.

That it was. There was nothing to be done for it except try to get through things without losing too many people along the way. Not that Maeve was sure that was possible. Draining the last of her wine and setting her glass down once more, she slipped her hand into his with a smile, "It would be my pleasure." She hummed, allowing him to help her to her feet, dipping into a curtsey before stepping off of the blanket to a clear space.
When it sings so sweet
The screaming, heaving fuckery of the world?

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
You hear a scream that seems to stop time and drain the colour out of the world. In the distance you see what appears to be a woman in a wedding dress, but of course…you know that’s not what it is. Lifting her head the banshee seems to lock her eyes on you and unless you back away now, she is likely to pursue you until she is able to choke the life from your body.

You’ve encountered a Banshee. This counts as a rare creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements. You may not kill your rare creature without admin permission.

Banshees (rare/mythical): They take the form of a skeletal lady wrapped in rags. Some wander the woodlands, singing a haunting melody. Others sit near streams and weep. Either way, disturbing these creatures will cause them to become very aggressive. They can pursue their prey seemingly without need for rest, and will strangle all those that they catch.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
"Listen, some people are into that sort of thing," Amun responded to Maeve with a chuckle. Waggling his eyebrows, he nodded at the part of the tattoo she'd revealed even as started to cover it up. "Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's a time and place for it."

Taking her hand, he followed her off the blanket. Using their shared grip, he'd coax her into a classic position, one hand on her hip, the other out to the side and holding hers. Before he could begin, though, a piercing scream rent the night air.

Everything but his head, which swiveled around, froze, completely motionless. Taking in the banshee, he narrowed his eyes at it. However, it hadn't seemed to notice them. Looking at the Nightshade, he arched an eyebrow. "I love this song," he whispered with a wink. With that, he began to step and turn in time to the screams, leading her away from the creature even while he tried to stay on the beat.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve
"Oh, I am well aware." The Nightshade quipped in response, a grin curling on her lips as she took his hand and allowed him to help her to her feet once more. As his hand found her waist, her own found his shoulder, resting there lightly as they got themselves into the proper position. Maeve couldn't remember the last time she properly danced with a partner. Edmund, while a wonderful dancing companion, wasn't tall enough to take the proper form yet and it was more of Maeve holding him while they spun around the living room in flickering firelight.

However, before they could even think to start their starry waltz, a scream tore through the cool air. Her breath caught in her lungs, jade eyes widening as it landed on the banshee just past his shoulder up on the hill. Amun didn't seem to mind at all, pausing only for a moment before he whispered. She bit back her laugh, unwilling to draw the creatures attention lest they both end up strangled to death. The Nightshade might have been into choking, but death didn't make that list.

Maeve tightened her grip slightly, allowing herself to be swept away from the creature and into a classic waltz, skirt rustling with each turn.
When it sings so sweet
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Bobbing his head to the beat of the banshee's screams, Amun took over the lead of the waltz from Maeve. Turning her around so he could peek to make sure the creature hadn't spotted them, he guided them away from the wailing woman-creature. Once it seemed like they were safe from any actual danger, he tilted his head back a bit, steps not wavering a bit.

The clouds had parted at last and the stars glittered above. Seeing as most of the Hollowed Ground were Ascended these days, there was almost no illumination save for the celestial bodies above. "You know, I used to be a star," he whispered. He jerked his chin at the sky above. "Are you looking for anything in particular?"
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve
Maeve follows him without a second thought, losing herself to the rhythm of their dance, closing her eyes for a moment and simply existing. It isn't until he speaks, words whispered between them, that she looks up again. A dark brow arches, head tilting lightly to the side, "Were you? What was that like?" She murmurs, curiosity shimmering in the jade of her eyes as she regards him.

Tilting her head back, gazing up at the stars and trying to find a familiar constellation so that she might orient herself. "One that speaks to me." And finally her eyes alight on a cluster that Remi pointed out to her, the familiar curve standing out as she traces the path again. "That one. That's where I see myself." She says, drawing their clasped hands up and sketching out the shape. "Do you see it? It's me, dancing."

His answer will be tucked away with the rest of this night in her memories. The stars shining above will forever shine in the recesses of her mind, but she doesn't linger here after their dance. No, this isn't the place for her.

~FIN <3~
When it sings so sweet