Walk in the Woods
Sorrel Acetum

Age: 39 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 7 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Dutch Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

She listened to Adam’s introduction with an amused smile - the man clearly loved talking about himself, and some of that enthusiasm was infectious, regardless of whether his words were true or not. Sorrel tried to look impressed when he posed, and nodded, almost thoughtfully.

"I see. I am very lucky indeed," she stepped daintily over a fallen branch, "I’ve never met a highwayman before. Certainly not one who introduces himself as such. Not a line of work that one just falls into, I imagine?"

The forest seemed the be thinning a little as they walked, though she wasn’t sure if that was just the effect of having a companion to distract her. Trees were always less intimidating when you weren’t left with only their shadows. She loosened her grasp on her cloak and pouch, taking care as they tramped through the unfamiliar undergrowth. She wondered, for a moment, if Adam came from her world too - she certainly hadn’t met every person who existed there, so it was plausible…

But then again… She cast a glance at his clothing, his demeanour. Probably not.

At his sudden turn she managed not to trip, turning carefully and following him. Wondered what, exactly, he saw when he looked up at the trees. She saw only shadow and the constant reminder of her situation. His query brought her back to reality, and she feigned affront. Clasped her chest, where her heart had finally settled back into a normal rhythm after the earlier panic.

"Certain death? I’m not that helpless that I couldn’t survive a night in the woods, Mr. Highwayman."

Sorrel unclenched her bosom, and said "I’m Sorrel. I’m…"

She didn’t quite know how to describe herself here, so she settled for a glittering smile and a pointed look.

"I'm very grateful for your help, regardless."

Sorrel
Carried away by the truculence of my world,
I got lost in the search for enlightenment,
The blue rain covered my roots,
And I forget where I came from.

Messages In This Thread
Walk in the Woods - by Adam - 03-02-2019, 07:46 PM
RE: Walk in the Woods - by Sorrel - 03-03-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Walk in the Woods - by Adam - 03-03-2019, 11:15 PM
RE: Walk in the Woods - by Sorrel - 03-04-2019, 09:52 PM
RE: Walk in the Woods - by Adam - 03-05-2019, 10:17 AM