Random Event THE MYSTERIOUS FLESHPIT OF MYSTERY

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
we hope you enjoy yourself
Now, now. I know what you're thinking. It's probably along the lines of what the actual fuck or some assorted, gargled screaming. But don't fucking judge a fleshpit by its cover, okay?

Word travels like the pox, and hearing the rumour makes you feel just as itchy. A whatpit as opened up somewhere in the Oerwoud? A fleshwhat? It's too weird to believe.

But you'd better believe it kids, because for one night only, it's here to entertain you!

Through snarling vines and humid air, part of the Oerwoud opens to reveal - you guessed it - a veritable orifice in the earth, easily large enough to drive a tank into swallow an army whole. It seems like any old sinkhole at first, only the insides are... pink. And glistening. And did it just breathe? Or gurgle? Or belch? Gods, was that a tongue? You hope it was a tongue, and that's saying something.

Someone has hammered a sign into the earth, jauntily, just to the side of the monstrosity. It reads:

MYSTERIOUS FLESHPIT OF MYSTERY

And it looks as though someone - the same someone, no doubt - has attempted to build a sort of mineshaft or elevator down into the fleshy wound in the earth. They aren't getting very far, though. Oh, yes, that's right - they're still here.

"Step right up!" announces a figure in a (you guessed it) bumblebee mask, their honey coloured tophat and tails a little gooey but otherwise still vibrant. "You don't see one of these every day! It'd be a right shame to miss it!"

"And you literally can't miss it," adds a second figure, rolling a raven-topped cane between their palms. "It's a gaping hole in the earth. You know, like Caido's fleshlight."

Happy Friday 13th, CotF! Enjoy this weird RE - it will be open for 24 hours. Don't we give you the best gifts?
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
chemically it's running through my veins, you see?
Self imposed exile arrest is all well and good, but really all it takes is an interesting enough rumour to have Nate bouncing back, curiosity immediately overshadowing his more tangled emotions. It’s easy to be consumed by thoughts of a flesh out. Easier to convince Sunjata that it could just be a pit stop on their way – it’s easy babe, we take the portal and just trek across, stop at home afterwards.

Easy.

Nate ignores the duo (other than a quiet “people fall into holes all the time” murmured towards Sunjata) and steps up to the edge of the pit, peering into its meaty secrets. For maybe the first time since they’d stepped into the Oerwoud, Nate releases his husbands hand, dropping into a crouch, and then to his belly, hanging over the edge of the pit. It’s not that he wants to jump in, per se, but… well, surely someone should test just how fleshy this is, right? And he is a “Doctor”, and he has the tools, and really that’s all the convincing he needs to do before he bites into the wet, fleshy wall.
"DOCTOR"
a romance of the plastic scenes, I can't see you breathe
totally sniped from odd ilu
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
clipped wings and you're the one holding the bone saw
now things are getting so out of control
He isn’t a huge fan of straying when they have a destination in mind, but with the current air and emotions of his husband, Sunjata can compromise. It’s a quick jaunt anyway, nothing insane as far as he knows. Of course he’s heard the whispers, held his husband’s hand the entire way until he lets go and Sunjata’s hand tenses a brief moment as he watches his husband, brows rising slightly.

Did you just… Bite it?” He asks as he moves into a crouch beside his husband, broad shoulders bumping into Nate’s as his lightning scarred hand moves to spread his fingers along the fleshy surface, gaze narrowing as he tries to understand what the fuck it is and what the fuck is going on.
the spiraling starts and we can't pull up, our hands are tied together so,
on the way down, we make every moment count
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
For anyone assembled, all they'll hear is the sound of a slap, a sharp inhale of breath, and feet pounding the ground. All they'll see is Remi running, wings outspread, leaping up and over Nate before disappearing down into the moist and darkened bowels (stomach? throat? asshole?) of the flesh pit.

Ronin though will be privy to his husband's pulse of boyish instigation as he reaches out to swipe at Ronin's shoulder, thus tagging him it. Last one down cleans up after dinner. He teases, the words shining with excitement as they carry soundlessly into the Huntsman's mind. Carrying not at all for those assembled so as not to start any fights or wars, Remi does his best to outpace his husband despite Ronin's considerable speed. With his wings first outstretched and then tucked neatly to his sides, the alchemist descends down into a world of darkness and heat, stretching out his mental tether to Ronin and laughing all the while.

Remi jumps straight on in!
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the dark star

As long as we clean up before dinner, I really don't care, Ronin drawls back, and he's rubbing at his shoulder where he's been tagged as he darts after Remi. (With strength like the Lullaby's, a soft slap is enough to break someone's arm if he isn't careful). Like his husband - i.e. in the no war today parade - Ronin either doesn't see, or pretends not to see the other couple gathered.

He doesn't bother with his wings, and as he leaps over and down into the meaty hole (eurgh), it's with his knees tucked to his chest in a cannonball. Hopefully this comes out somewhere better than it went in! he calls after Remi as he's sucked away in the dark, his laugher muffled by glistening flesh.

Ronin follows suit!
i'll get over it
i just gotta be dramatic first
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Change author:
ISLA

"This is fascinating," Isla is saying as she meanders into the clearing and the fleshpit first comes into sight. Holding Varus's hand and half ferrying him along, there likely aren't many ex-duchesses who would likely think this sort of spectacle is anything less than horrifying. And while she isn't Nate - though she does wave at the other couple and vaguely wonder what the Ranger is doing on his belly - she does still have a healthy curiosity for the thing, crouching in front of it.

"Do you suppose it is some sort of creature?" she wonders. "And if it is, what part of the creature are we looking at?" Do we even want to know goes unsaid, the medic grinning up at Varus instead of voicing that particular concern.
she's a runner
rebel, and a stunner
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

Okay, well when you hear something like "Mysterious Flesh Pit of Mystery" you can't not go. Right? Like, obviously that can't be what it is, because...well, you can't just have flesh pits?

Except as the newly-minted teenager arrives, it's with a gag building in the back of her throat. "Dad, oh my gods." Flora mewls into her palms (her hands have inadvertently covered her face by this point), as she watches Remi go sailing directly down into it. Trying hard not to vomit and silently appreciating the cold if only because it was likely the only thing keeping the flesh from sweating any more than it was, the girl swallows around the lump in her throat but doesn't leave.

This was going to be something to see after all, and...well, she should probably make sure that her Dad made it out alive.
never be so kind
you forget to be clever

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Change author:
My spores been growing by the day; my days been shining bright
"It looks pretty neat," Mateo says. His voice is a bit muffled, because he's drinking a milkshake through a straw. A pink one. Torchline still sells milkshakes even in Deepfrost, and it's something he can absolutely get behind. Even though Flora is his baby sister, he's still very much shorter and younger looking than her these days, something he's not sure he's happy about. But here they are.

"I'm sure they'll come back out. If not in this one, then maybe in another one. Do you think there are more?" He smiles up at his sister; her nausea is obviously entertaining to him in that bullying a sibling sort of way. Knowing his luck she'll be sick all over his head, though.
mateo!

Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
alcohol may not solve your problems
Arm in arm, Varus is more than pleased to join Isla on this little outing. At least, he thinks he is until he sets eyes on the thing they all surround. He’s captivated, brows drawn together as he barely has a chance to remove his oceanic gaze from it to land at her, huffing a laugh and patting the arm wrapped around his own. He too waves to Nate and Sunjata, belatedly, after realizing that’s who she’s waving at.

I’m concerned. I’m not sure if I wanna find out.” He mutters with another laugh, pausing by the edge to regard its fleshy nature with more concern and curiosity. “Maybe there’s a prize at the end.” Given that Ronin and Remi have jumped in, perhaps they’re aiming for the reward.

Whatever kind of reward this has.
but neither will water or milk

VARUS
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
It was her job now, to notice strange events and record them. It's what Maea told herself as she slipped up to the edge of the pit, keeping well away from the rest of the milling crowd so that her presence would not sour the experience for anyone. If there was any curiosity in herself for this abnormal pit of glistening flesh, it was well buried behind a blank expression.

She watched them, though, and after pulling a notebook from her pocket, she settled down cross legged on the ground and began to write down descriptions of it all. What she saw. What they did. If she'd had any talent when it came to drawing she may have attempted to sketch a semblance of the thing; but the vague attempt resembled only chicken scratches in dirt, and she kept to words after that.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int: 0
Played by: Cith Offline
Change author:
MP: 235
my ears can hear my mouth can speak my spirit talks my soul believes
Chaele keeps a distance from the crowd that gathers, though their antlered skull mask will bob in acknowledgment at Maea in the brief moment that their eyes meet. After a few long moments in rapt consideration of the meat-hole’s grotesque folds, the shaman gathers the courage to approach the edge with their hunting knife.

Whatever its source, there is clearly some transmutative magic in the so-called fleshpit. And even though it is likely to disappear in its entirety as quickly as it appeared, Chaele cannot help but try to study it. They reach forward and cut off a thin slice, observing it for the blood or muscle or whatever that might be beneath, then squish the sample into a small glass jar with a wide cork top.
Base code by Odd • Art by Krakenkatz
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
I am the wind that makes breathing hard
To Melita’s credit, she would’ve remembered if she’d ever seen a fleshpit in any other world or land.

So, with curiosity abound and foolishness rampant, she journeyed along the highlights of mysteries, enigmas, and rumors; and if she was being honest, complete nosiness.

And sure enough, several others arrived too, to view the uh…spectacle.

The youth openly stared and made several faces at the sight. Confusion. Shock. Awe? But mostly bewilderment, eyes narrowing, watching as others made their way into, through?

Maybe it was a trap. And she’d willingly walk into them, as she had only recently.

Eventually, with a shrug of her shoulders, the honeybee blundered on too (giving a nod of her head to the people in top hats and holding canes), marching towards the elevator and heading down. Into whatever.
I am the ocean and the battered shore
I will be the passion of thunder, a howl of fury
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye is curious and looks at it with great curiosity but also with great caution. There was no such creature in his world. When he sees the two figures, he is even more nervous. They seem to have made a kind of action out of it. He would watch the whole thing and even use the elevator that the two figures had built. But he would not go in there unarmed. As he stands on the elevator, he begins to draw the inside. He tried to draw the tentacle or the tongue or whatever it is as well as he could and hoped he wouldn't get eaten. The dragon tooth would have to do his work otherwise. He also had some lanhai teeth with him, one of which he gave away as payment.
— the smartest do
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
we're all stories unfinished and we die to find some fitting words to write
Not to be outdone by either the Lullaby or the Huntsman, and given that Nate is still topside, Wessex really only has one option before her and for Team Ascended.

And, y’know, teleporting out is always an option.

Lacking the same kind of boyish glee as the two other demigods, the Wraith is nevertheless enthralled with the fleshpit, curiously walking around the perimeter and examining it from all angles possible before she ends up on the other side of the Lone Ranger. Pretending not to see that he’s just bitten it, she announces to him and the Flood, “Just when we think we know a lot about Caido -” and then gestures futily towards the pit. “Can’t let them have all the fun.”

She sprouts a new pair of wings from her shoulder blades, offers a toothy grin to the two men, and dives in.

--------------------

Wessex flies into the fleshpit too XD
WESSEX