{SE} do we have to?
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Do something nice. Do something nice. That wasn't the hard part. Maeve did nice things for people all the time. It was the do something nice for someone you don't like. Now, that list was much smaller. Filled with only a handful of people. Begrudgingly, Maeve accepts that this just has to be done. Even if she would rather the person in mind fall of a cliff and disappear for ever. Why couldn't he have stayed dead?

The Nightshade sighs, plucking a bottle of the best whiskey she could find, knowing that it was Sunjata's taste. He would be the one most likely to enjoy it. Even if this was meant to be something nice for Nate. She grabs a bit of ribbon as well to add to the tab, intent on using it to finish off the blankets for the twins, finding that easier to stomach than anything else. "Just add it to my tab, hm? Thanks, love." The Nightshade replies smoothly, giving the shopkeeper a wink before shifting around the girl who came in behind her, fingers brushing her arm as she shifts her to the side. "Excuse me, dear."
And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
catching my death
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

'Oh my gods, I love your dress.' Flora purrs as Maeve tries to slide her way by. Compliments came easily to the young girl; everyone liked them and they usually gave her one in return. Besides, it was hard to be an asshole to someone who had just told you that your hair was the shiniest, or whatever. "Seriously, it's stunning." She adds, before casting an aqua stare around the shop.

She was here to buy something for her dear old wonderful sort of STep FaThEr who wanted nothing to do with her. Having toyed with the idea of getting him something incredible to make him feel bad, Flora decided in the end that doing so would be too much effort. What did Ronin like, other than shoving things into his face (praise, food, her Dad's dick (eww)). So instead she was going to do that thing only kids can really get away with: get him something shit, that he was obligated to pretend to like.
never be so kind
you forget to be clever

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Flora might have been struggling with a lot of things in this world, but dishing out compliments wasn't one of them. That she had gotten down to an art and it shows as Maeve pauses in her exit, head cocking to the side to regard the girl, a smile curling on painted lips. "Well, aren't you sweet." She drawls in that carefree way that only she seems to manage. "Thank you. It's one of a kind." The Nightshade says of the dark garment, spreading the skirt slightly so the hidden flecks of silver pick up on the cool light filtering in from the window, looking like pinpricks of starlight in an inky sky.

"I don't believe I've seen you around here before and I'm not one to miss a face. Especially one so lovely." Compliments don't just come easy to you, Flora. The Nightshade regards her curiously, running jade eyes from the top of her head all the way down to her feet, trying to place why she seems so familiar. "I'm Maeve Ansel. Allow me to formally welcome you to Torchline." The queen extends her hand to the girl, having shifted her basket to her other arm so she might be free to do so.
catching my death
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
flora

'Oh my gods, stunning.' Flora croons genuinely, despite the rather over-the-top reaction, as she watches the flecks of silver sparkle in the light. 'Ohhh!' The girl beams, looking bashful. She's about to say something about where she's been—a lie, no doubt—when Maeve introduces herself, thus rightfully stealing all of Flora's thunder.

"!!! Of course you are!" Reaching for her own skirts, Flora curtsies elegantly (she's practiced enough in front of a mirror to know that she'd done it perfectly). Looking up to see the offered hand, Flora pauses only for a second, panics, and does the first thing that comes to mind: she kisses the top of Maeve's hand. Wasn't that what you did with royalty? Straightening with an awkward laugh and hoping to breeze right past this faux pax, Flora beams. "My name is Flora Kaliesin. I was sort of thinking about moving here? I mean, if that's okay with you." Then, with an awkward smile she quickly adds, "My queen."
never be so kind
you forget to be clever

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve can't even fight the smile that finds its way to her lips, settling prettily there as she regards the girl, feeling a bubbling well of affection in her chest. The same one that forms whenever one of her Halenani girls gets excited over something like a new dress. The Nightshade introduces herself smoothly, hand extended to the young girl, waiting for her to introduce herself properly. The curtsey is unexpected, but the kiss to her knuckles even more so. She can't help the wisp of a laugh that slips past her lips.

"Kaliesin?" Her brow arches and it suddenly clicks. The eyes and the hair. A perfect mix of Remi and Hotaru. Devastating. "Oh. No wonder you seem so familiar. I'm good friends with your father." And had once slept with both of her parents, but she doesn't need to know that bit of information. "No need for such formalities. I have no objections to you moving here. Though, I should say that the Greatwood is likely much safer with your father there." She doesn't mean this in a harsh way. There isn't any malice in her voice. Merely a simple statement. "I was even going to move there myself at one point, but that was before Safrin appointed me queen."
catching my death
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Flora can feel heat in her cheeks and gods she at least hope it looks like blush instead of that blotchy redness that embarrassment can cause. What had she been thinking, kissing Maeve's hand? It was a really nice hand to be fair, and the Queens' skin was pleasantly soft and sweetly scented, but gods. Blinking with surprise, the girl straightens slightly. "Yes..?" She replies, uncertain at first what her last name might have to do with anything. 'Ohhhh.' Of course. Of course it has to do with her father. Flashing a smile that Flora hopes comes across as bubbly, she tosses one of her curls over her shoulder.

Opting to ignore the mention of her safety with regards to the Greatwood lest Flora's temper get the better of her when it came to her father, instead she lets her smile bloom across her face. "Did she?" She marvels of Safrin. "I think maybe I knew that, but that's incredible. What's she like? Is she beautiful? Is her skin perfect? What colour are her eyes?"
never be so kind
you forget to be clever

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Now, the Nightshade made a living off of reading people. The tell-tale twitch of their lips, the set of their jaw, even something as small as tossing a curl over one's shoulder. Maeve's head tilts to the side and she doesn't need to ask to know that she's hit a bit of a sore spot. "I know your mother as well. Though, we haven't spoken in some time now." The Nightshade muses, trying to smooth down the feathers that she's clearly ruffled with a placating smile.

This time the laugh that comes from the Nightshade isn't tempered down. The sound bright and melodic as it rings out in the small shop. "How about you get what you need here and join me. I'll tell you all about it." She offers, placing a hand on her lower back to urge her up towards the counter.
catching my death
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

'Ohhh?' That Maeve knows her mother is decidedly more interesting, and the smile that the girl offers the queen is much more genuine now as she tilts her head slightly to the side. If Maeve has more to say on the subject Flora is happy to hear it.

'Yes please!' Flora trills, matching the brightness of Maeve's voice. Glancing around, suddenly much more interested in strolling along with a queen than of finding anything for Ronin, the girl grabs the first thing her eyes catch on: a mouse made out of felt that was meant to keep sewing pins. It was horrifically ugly and entirely useless, and, Flora was quite sure, would smell terrible if she left it out in the sand and sun for a few days. In short, it was perfect.

Quickly handing over a packet of herbs from the Greatwood in exchange for the PreSenT, Flora hurries quickly back to Maeve's side while trying to appear calm and cool despite how nervously excited she was. 'Okay. Tell me everything!'

Arm in arm, the Nightshade told the young Kaliesin girl everything about Safrin, even repeating some parts at Flora's assistance. Reluctantly, after lunch had been suggested, eaten, and finished, the pair parted ways with a promise from Flora to stop by to see if she couldn't help with the Queen's RQ tasks.

~FIN
never be so kind
you forget to be clever