The Dwarf and the Fox
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
Darkeye’s experience in his world is so different from anyone else’s in Caido that she finds it difficult to relate to - his age, his history, his dogmatic determination to continue to serve a God that does not exist here, and never will. Most of her arguments and points seem futile in the face of that, so she might as well use what she can and try to disregard the rest. A non-commital huh huffs out about the slaying bit, thinking that should he try to slay any Ascended, he would eventually find himself face to face with her again. Only that time there wouldn’t be words. Just actions.

And as for Morgan and Neron? She finds herself unwilling to make any additional points, merely settling into a new position agains the frame of the door. Morgan was an ally. Neron was family. “Neron has trusted me with his life more than once. He’s leapt into battle at my side, knowing death was a possibility, and I trust him implicitly.” End of story for the Wraith. Her loyalty to her family is one of the few things that is not complicated. In most of her calculations, they come first.

“Why do you need to understand me?” She asks, cocking her head to one side. “I don’t want to be studied.” Her lips twist and tighten briefly, before she looks out over Darkeye’s head at looming, empty space of the Barracks. “Nothing in all my fourty-four years has come close to anything we’re seeing now. For most of my life, my world was just the Hollowed Grounds. So there’s no road map for this. No one except the Voice to guide me, all our knowledge was lost or forgotten. I’m flying by the seat of my pants and there are going to be contradictions and complications along the way, because I don’t have an actual army, in case you haven’t noticed. Just the family.” And how can she send them in to battle with a mind only for strategy, when each of her soldiers is beloved?

Shaking her head, she drifts off for a moment and then resurfaces when he asks about the Tower. With a shrug, Wessex can genuinely say she has no fucking clue. “It was born out of emotion. And I got tired of saying no. Tired of watching Ronin and Remi do what they want without consequence and having to hold back. So - fuck it. Let’s go and I’d try to keep the civilians safe. Turned out to be the wrong call.” To say the least. But that was how it felt at the time and there’s nothing she can do about it now. As for what he thinks would have been a clearer sign, she rolls her eyes. “No. All of it, so it couldn’t easily be rebuilt. I wanted them to feel the way my people have felt since we learned about the Order. Fearful. Threatened. Stormbreak supported them and allowed them to exist. They picked their side by allowing that group to exist.”
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that

Messages In This Thread
The Dwarf and the Fox - by Darkeye - 05-30-2022, 06:07 PM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Wessex - 06-07-2022, 08:14 PM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Darkeye - 06-08-2022, 05:47 PM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Wessex - 06-14-2022, 01:26 AM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Darkeye - 06-14-2022, 08:02 AM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Wessex - 06-14-2022, 03:30 PM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Darkeye - 06-15-2022, 02:13 PM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Wessex - 06-15-2022, 03:11 PM