God Quest The Rice Dance
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
A lot of the conversation between Frey and Phoebe was lost to Emmett in his haze of God-invoked desire, the sounds like background noise to the continuous vision of hands and mouths on him, of Phoebe's body underneath him as it had been their first night together, of touching and moaning and feeling--

He saw Phoebe reach out her hands for something and looked up to see her receiving the flower crown. Emmett only heard some of the explanation, but it seemed like Phoebe was happy and he liked to see that so he smiled wide.

"That...That's uh, real nice of you." He managed to say to Frey, his voice clearly strained with lust.
Emmett
You think that luck has left you there
But maybe there's nothing
Up in the sky but air
And there's no mystical design

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
The god smiled knowingly, aware that such a gift would be lost on many. Phoebe however would make good use of it in her professional life, they were sure. Perhaps even in her personal life soon. "You don't need to say anything hun. Actions speak louder than words anyways." They said, curling a finger around Phoebe's cheek with a smile. "And I know there are a few women who will need your services shortly. Use this gift well, and that is all the thanks I'll need."

Rounding, Frey looked at Emmett with a considering stare. "As for you honeybunch, who lives and who dies is out of my control." Frey began with an honest sort of bluntness. "It won't be easy for you to raise your little ones, but you'll be alright." Striding towards Emmett, their body a shifting landscape of sensuousness, Frey extended their hand to place into his three leaves "Whatever field you plant these leaves in will provide a bountiful harvest all the year long." Leaning forward, they placed their lips against the shell of his ear and whispered: "Eat one, and that brown-eyed beauty will be pregnant quick as you can believe."

Pulling back, Frey laughed, gazing at the two young lovers fondly. "Such a nice Flowerbirth afternoon...I think i'll leave you two lovebirds to enjoy it." The deity said with a wink before looking pointedly at the tent in Emmett's pants, then back to Phoebe with a laugh before disappearing in a warm mist of falling leaves.
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
phoebe
Can anybody find me somebody to love
Phoebe smiled at Frey warmly. Of course they would be more interested in action than words. Words could be twisted. Actions were more difficult to misinterpret. ”I will.” she said as a promise. This gift would not go unused, nor would its effects be abused as would be tempting for someone less experienced than she in birthing babies.

Her eyes widened in surprise as Frey turned and spoke to Emmett, giving him a present as well. One that would certainly make Emmett’s life a little easier, being the only one really able to care for his family’s farm now. Frey’s generosity surprised her…perhaps the season of Flowerbirth put them into a good mood. She supposed it would make sense, given the general mood of springtime. Of course, she didn’t know what Frey whispered to Emmett, nor would she pry. If Frey had intended for her to hear, they would have made sure she could.

Her cheeks reddened at the implications Frey left them with, watching in awe as the leaves fell in their wake. For a moment or two she was silent, the strength of the feelings Frey brought with them weakening but not fully subsiding. After a moment she smiled at Emmett. ”So that was my god friend, Frey.” she said, using the phrasing he had to describe her relationship with the various deities that existed amongst them. ”Are you okay?”
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Emmett was about to simply thank Frey for their kind words when the leaves were pressed into his hand. "Oh, well that's mighty usefu--" As Frey whispered to him, his speech cut off and his eyes widened with a shocked panic. For the time being he would make absolutely sure none of the leaves entered his mouth. Through his surprise he managed a nod and a mumbled 'thank you'.

Then with one last embarrassing sentence, Frey was gone. Emmett looked up with relief (not that it had been unpleasant, but it had been a lot) then laughed at Phoebe's phrasing. "I'm uh...I'm okay, yeah. Bit um..." He looked down to the blatant straining of his trousers.

"Well, I sure hope you don't rush back, cos I might need a minute." He supposed they could do something about it, but he didn't want to push that onto Phoebe. He would see what she would say first.
Emmett
Up in the sky but air
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe considered him quietly for a moment, feeling her heart start to race again. Frey was a lot. She wasn’t surprised Emmett was so overcome by their presence. Where Phoebe was able to simply take relief in being able to appreciate the emotions Frey caused, Emmett had never experience the intensity that the deity left in their wake before. She worried her lip for a moment, wanting to do something to help him out (and here if she was being completely fair) but she knew Emmett had wanted to refrain for awhile.

”I don’t have anywhere to be in a hurry.” she assured, crossing the little patch of grass that separated them. The blonde sat next to him but in the opposite direction so they faced each other. Loosely she draped her arms around his waist, smiling a little bit. She wasn’t going to push him for anything, even if it was obvious that he was in the mood. But some cuddles couldn’t hurt, right? ”Did you mean what you said to Frey? About me? Or were you just trying to say the right thing?” she asked, genuinely curious but hoping it had been honest. She would cling to that affirmation forever if she had to.
Emmett Palmer

Change author:
As Phoebe approached he nearly held his breath, wondering if Frey could have influenced her so in a few moments; but no, she just wanted to hold him. Emmett smiled and leaned into her, his arm going around her waist as well. He could...calm down certain parts of himself given enough time anyway.

"'Course I meant it! I try not t'lie to anyone, and I mean..." He laughed and looked her up and down. "Bee, I would defy anyone t'not think you were one of the most beautiful and well..uh..." Emmett took a breath as if preparing to say something monumental. "I don' normally talk like this, but well, sexy girls they've ever seen!"

"And not just that. I like you 'n' I wanna make you feel good any way I can. Y'know, with words and stuff but also...things like what Frey does. ..Though, I won' be using the gift they got me for anything with that. It's uh...for babies." Emmett laughed, embarrassed. "I think we should leave that for a while."
Emmett
Up in the sky but air
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Her cheeks blushed a deep red and her heart lept to her throat as her assured her he had be truthful. It was one thing to be usually honest, another to be fully honest with a deity when you didn't know if the truth would end well. But him calling her sexy? Well she hardly believed it. "I like when you talk like that." she said with a light laugh, leaning in a bit closer.

And defy anyone? "Well I can think of at least one person who doesn't agree with you about me. But they are a jerk. I only care that you think all those things about me." she said with a smile.

He was still talking but the fuzzy feeling left in the wake of Frey's presence was still very much clouding her mind, and being this close to Emmett...well that didn't help. Phoebe had started to tilt her head forward to kiss him - which seemed much more important than anything that needed to be said in that moment - until...

"It's uh... for babies."

She came to a full stop, the tip of her nose just barely touching his, painfully close and yet so far from pressing her lips to his. Her eyes locked with his, her shock evident despite the other emotions she was feeling in the moment. "They...what?" she said dumbly. But they had said they were for the field, hadn't they?!
Emmett Palmer

Change author:
"Y'do? Then I guess I should get used to it, huh?" Emmett laughed and tilted his head to one side, embarrassed but pleased Phoebe liked it. "Well if they disagree I guess that just means more Phoebe for me, hey? And I ain' gonna complain 'bout that." He saw Phoebe lean in to kiss him and was about to return it when he saw the look of shock on her face.

"Oh, uh, yeah. It's for the fields, but they said if I ate one before we...y'know...then you'd uh...have a baby. But I don'...think that's a good idea right now." A baby was the last thing he needed to add to his list of stresses at the moment. Emmett had never even really considered if he'd wanted children before anyway, and now was not the time to begin.

Phoebe had been about to kiss him, though. Softly he reached for her jaw and moved in to press a gentle kiss to her lips, a clear smile in it. "So I'm gonna make sure I don' put them in my soup."
Emmett
Up in the sky but air
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
"Just with me." she said with a smile. She could see getting embarrassed saying things like that in public. She wasn't particularly one for lots of public displays of affection but in private...that was a different story. She grinned as he spoke of her in an almost possessive manner. Which she definitely liked but was too shy to admit. "Well if you ever happen acrossed a man named Bastien you can tell him that he missed out. Or he is stupid. Whichever you prefer." she said with a smile.

Emmett then explained what exactly Frey had said about the leaves and her blush deepened. "Oh..." she said quietly. That was...well she didn't really know what to think about it. Frey was obviously into sexuality and sensuality but...reproduction? She supposed, given the season it did make some sense. Rebirth and new life and all that...plus Frey certainly knew that she wanted children at some point...

Though maybe when Emmett was in the middle of all he was was not the most ideal time.

"Not right now." Phoebe agreed. Not now...but maybe someday. A small part of her at least hoped he wouldn't plant them all in the ground. But she was quickly distracted, kissing him back, her heart starting to race again. She lifted her hands, her fingers catching on his shirt and lifting it slightly as they moved to rest on his shoulders.
Emmett Palmer

Change author:
"I guess I gotta keep an eye out for this Bastien, then. Tell him to stop lyin' about my girlfriend." Emmett grinned with an over-acted shaking of his fist, never having heard of this guy but thinking him quite the idiot already if he didn't see Phoebe's merits.

He certainly had no intention of eating the leaves now, but he would not plant them all right away either; one for this years harvest and one saved for another year of struggle, but the last...he would keep it just in case. He was sensible enough to know it could be many years, that it could even not be Phoebe (though he hoped it would be), but he wanted the option of guaranteed children saved now that he had it.

Kissing Phoebe was becoming easier the more he did it; he had begun to learn how to tilt his head, how to do the things that made her smile. With the lingering mood in the air he dared to take it a little beyond chaste put his hands on her hips, opened his mouth. Shifting his body more towards hers he wondered if this had been Phoebe's and Frey's plan all along; if it had been it was one he would willingly play into.
Emmett
Up in the sky but air
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe laughed a little as he shook his fist. She really would like to see that, Emmett telling Bastien off. It probably would never happen but she could imagine and wish. She thought Bastien would have a much harder time shaking Emmett, who was more steadfast in his convictions and less insecure than she was; as far as she could tell anyways.

Phoebe's plan? Certainly not. Her plan had been to sweep up the porch while he finished the planter boxes, then help him go through the things he wanted to trade and get them organized, make a dinner of potatoes and rabbit, and go to bed at a reasonable time to pick up his siblings early the next morning. Frey on the other hand apparently had the plan of giving her a magic flower crown and getting her pregnant. But as Emmett pulled her close, the repercussions went on the backburner in her mind. Besides, she had remedies to make it very unlikely she would conceive anyways - perks of being a midwife.

She leaned into him, finding the motions coming more naturally than they had before. Was it Frey's lingering influence or the comfort that came with experience? Not a lot of course, but some was better than none. The blonde was happy to follow his lead, not terribly concerned with or considering where they were. She was just happy that Emmett was living in the moment, if for only a short time, rather than focusing again on the strife that consumed him day to day since Long Night. He deserved some respite, some distraction - something that she wasn't capable of convincing him of by Frey most certainly was.
Emmett Palmer

Change author:
Emmett kissed Phoebe until he needed to breathe and leaned back, gently holding onto her shoulders to pull her over him as he laid down on the forest floor, reaching up to loop his arms around her neck and kiss her more. She was a good deal more interesting than even the beautiful sky and leaves above him and he easily let his eyes slip closed.

"Phoebe, do you wanna...y'know, do anythin'?" He asked, gently pushing at her cheeks to make her raise above him so he could ask. He didn't want to assume, didn't want to push just because Frey had made him aroused (and he realised the evidence of that would be rather blatant for Phoebe right now with a flush).
Emmett
Up in the sky but air
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe was breathless herself, following willingly as Emmett pulled her over him. Her legs shifted so she straddled his hips, her weight distributed on her knees and forearms as he pulled her down to kiss her again. Her eyes feel closed, her view obscured by the ground anyways, and his likely obscured by the way her hair fell around their heads. Frey might be insipiring his actions but it was soothing a deep buried hurt and insecurity that had reared its ugly head once before.

Her brows furrowed as he pulled away, brown eyes hazy as he tilted her face up to see him. But his question brought a quick smile to her lips. "I do if you do." she said quietly. He had been the one to say he didn't want to be intimate after all. He had been the one to put up boundaries. And while it was very clear how aroused he was, it seemed the question was more important for him to answer. "Though, maybe we should move somewhere a little less likely to be walked in on?" she said quietly with a little grin. They were still in a sanctuary after all. It wasn't outside the realm of reason to think someone might show up to worship.
Emmett Palmer

Change author:
"Uh...huh. Y'probably right, I guess." Emmett had been willing to risk it. It was too early for people to be making harvest offerings here and he hadn't seen anyone about, doubted anyone would appear in the five seconds half hour they needed. Still, he wanted Phoebe to be comfortable so he nodded and leaned up, looked about the clearing.

"...So um...would ya be okay with goin' behind a bush or somethin', or do you wanna go back to town? I... know it's s'not very ladylike, but we're already here..." He shook his head and put a hand to his forehead. "...I'm sorry. I've never sounded so uh, unromantic. Please, say somethin' before I totally ruin alla this." Emmett huffed out an embarrassed laugh and looked to Phoebe with a pleading gaze.
Emmett
Up in the sky but air