Second chances
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MaeA
Maea nodded thoughtfully. Or perhaps nervously, as her heart kept racing under Ludo's unseen gaze. The suggestion of a smile about the mouth of the mask made her shiver, hot and cold before the amusement - or approval? - it conveyed. As she couldn't think what it was in her words that had brought in on however, the girl did not linger over it. Did not dare to, lest she missed something the whispers said, and answered poorly. This audience was a blessing and an honor; the last thing the Abandoned girl wanted was to give offense by not paying attention.

"Yes, Long Night is over" Maea agreed. "And I did indeed survive... though some days I wish I did not, or that I had prayed more for my family to survive." The pain of that loss and that guilt was not likely to ever leave, not entirely. But done was done and gone was gone. She did not wish Isla's fate upon her brother or his children, not even after meeting the woman turned unicorn and seeing how she was not unhappy. In a way it was easier to consider her family dead and gone, rather than missing or kidnapped or changed beyond recognition. She thought she could make peace with their loss, eventually, as long as it was final.

Perhaps that made her selfish too, not just greedy. Those were flaws she were not proud of, but compared to others the could live with them. They were consequences of living after all, a price to pay forlife and something to work on.

The fear of living a life in darkness was harder to endure. Because though she was taking steps to try and help herself, there was so much she had to learn and so little time. With every passning day her vision deteriorated, and it would soon reach a point where no spectacles would really help.

"But I've prayed for other things lately, as I said" she whispered, nervous that voicing her desires might somehow be rude, or obnoxious. "For light, and the chance to see the next Long Night, and all the Days to come. Terrible as it is. With all the horror, and sadness, and all the joys too. I just... really would like to see what it means to survive, and live."

But perhaps that was too bold.
you're so cold, but you feel alive.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Second chances - by Maea - 03-04-2019, 04:13 AM
RE: Second chances - by Ludo - 03-04-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: Second chances - by Maea - 03-04-2019, 07:44 PM
RE: Second chances - by Ludo - 03-06-2019, 06:46 PM
RE: Second chances - by Maea - 03-06-2019, 10:23 PM
RE: Second chances - by Ludo - 03-07-2019, 06:43 PM
RE: Second chances - by Maea - 03-07-2019, 07:45 PM
RE: Second chances - by Ludo - 03-07-2019, 08:20 PM
RE: Second chances - by Maea - 03-07-2019, 08:40 PM
RE: Second chances - by Ludo - 03-07-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: Second chances - by Maea - 03-07-2019, 10:07 PM