if you ran away, just come back home
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
fear has favourites
Her answering giggle over his tiny snort is similarly muffled, attempting to not give in to childish judgments and failing utterly. Talented he may have been magically, he came up short in many other distinctions; namely, charm and wisdom. “Even plants meant only for eating can be dangerous; cassava are like potatoes, but their skins are poisonous, and you can’t eat them until they’ve been boiled. Many medicinal plants are the same, where I need small doses of certain parts - parts that can paralyze in large doses, but numb in small ones can be useful for anesthetics and even numbing a sore throat.” Blinking, she pauses, and then shakes her head slightly as she chuckles. “That wasn’t what you meant, was it? You probably knew all that. The actual list I have is too long, it’d bore you. Anyway, I just don’t want someone to accidentally reach for what they think is an herb or a berry and wind up in the infirmary to see me about my own plant.” That would not only be embarrassing, but it would certainly ruin that trust Deimos was emphasizing.

The alternative he offers is a comforting thought, and that she repays him by bringing up such horrible memories is a cruelty she can bear no easier than the weight that suffocates her to see his expression crumble. But she hadn’t meant to, because in her eyes he is utterly blameless, even if it makes sense in the seconds after his response to see how he would never feel the same. She doesn’t want to spit vitriol about Safrin not being clear on what the doors capabilities were, not to a follower of hers, so instead she discards her apple and reaches to wrap her fingers firmly around Deimos’ wrist. Seeking his eyes with something mildly desperate in her own. “No. No, it wasn’t, and I will tell you that every day, even if you never believe me. You didn’t have an ounce of intention in your heart to hurt anyone, and it wasn’t your power that operated it.” It was Safrin’s, and again she must choke back that part. “We all agreed to the idea. We had bo idea what the monsters were or what connection they had to the Ascended. It was an accident, but one that came about because of the mess the Gods have us in. Not because of your choices.” Her voice is quiet but firm, eyes unblinking. Relatively sure the words will do nothing to absolve him of his internal guilt, but adamant that he know, without a doubt, how she feels about the matter.

His attempts to reach stabilization don’t go unnoticed, but even the sweetness of his comment will not dissuade her for long, though it does encourage her to drop her hand from his so that she doesn’t seem crazy in her intensity. “Thank you. I hope you’re right.” She’s not sure these days anymore of how good she is for any land or its people.
don't let one be you

Table made by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
if you ran away, just come back home - by Evie - 07-01-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: if you ran away, just come back home - by Evie - 07-15-2022, 07:40 PM