if you ran away, just come back home
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
fear has favourites
His reassurances make her roll her eyes, fondly exasperated. No, people inclined to poison and harm in his life had blonde hair, not ginger. “I might know poisons out of necessity, but I promise you won’t find any in your tea in the future.” Pausing a moment for dramatic emphasis, she quirks a smirk his way. “Or at least it won’t be from me. I can’t speak to any enemies you’ve made.” Likely a few, which is why she keeps her tone lighthearted, away from the gravity of reality.

Which only lasts a brief moment before she slams them both down into the earth of it half a breath later. His silence is better than being shrugged off physically, which would imply a more vehement denial. Evie doesn’t fool herself into believing she has gotten through to him - that she ever could. Sam was the wordsmith, the empath. Evie is just a fire-heart girl with a too-big mouth and blackened streak of luck. She hurts people, she always has, but it never ceases to be something she hates about herself. Age has tempered the pettier inclinations, the snarling and haughtiness, the bullying she used to keep people from looking too close. Sam had borne the brunt of it, but even a facade can feel too much like your face from wearing it endlessly, and Evie had shamefully adopted too many of the tendencies as habit instead of defense. But humility and loneliness had forced that off many years ago, which allows her to be more sincere yes, but also means she feels the weight of guilt heavier when she fucks up.

After joining her apple core with his in the soil, Evie steps away to watch him encourage their growth just enough to give them a chance. Her freckled arms hold herself around her middle, shoulders slightly hunched. “Has anything else substantially changed since I lived here last?” Because she’s not sure what changes exist to even be interested in seeing. “Otherwise…the inn, I suppose. I don’t want to cart my bags around all day.” Even if their day together didn’t end there, they could at least book the room and store her bags.
don't let one be you

Table made by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
if you ran away, just come back home - by Evie - 07-01-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: if you ran away, just come back home - by Evie - 07-15-2022, 10:44 PM