Personal Quest Glitter on the floor after the party
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Maea seemed content to work in companionable silence along with him, something Sam was open to. He wished more people would really; company without the added pressure of conversation was something that was so much simpler to him than the forced requirements of social niceties.

Eventually Evie returned and to his surprise, asked him if he knew about the labels. Wasn't...this her shop? Sam's clear confusion showed on his face. Evie was not dumb, he knew that much. Immediately suspicion rose up in him that this was some kind of trick, game, something devised to make him look stupid. It would not be the first time he'd been made a fool of by Evie in front of others.

The condescension with which she insisted it was obvious was not unnoticed either, but was put aside in the face of his suspicions. "I can...try. But I will just be going from what I have read in a few books. Surely it would be better for you to confirm it...?" But she was moving on, talking to Maea. Sam wondered if she would notice the lack of the stutter in his voice, the new confidence with which he spoke...probably not.

With a sigh he began to sift through his memory for the shapes of leaves, the thickness of stems; anything to help him identify the plants. Botanical books had never particularly interested him but Sam had read a bit of everything in his time, could label at least half of the pots. He was busy with his task when Evie cried out and he flinched, looked over.

"Are you alright?"

Samuel
Another little "nothing ever after", nothing more?
And lo, but no! What bliss
Another jolly jaunt through the abyss

Messages In This Thread
Glitter on the floor after the party - by Evie - 03-04-2019, 04:28 AM
RE: Glitter on the floor after the party - by Samuel - 03-18-2019, 05:10 PM