Promises
For Harper!
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 19 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 20 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 1450
Are you sure about that?
Edmund looks up to meet Harper's eyes and falls silent as the man speaks. It soothes something in him to have his emotions validated and to be ensured that what he's feeling is ok. Because frankly, the intensity of his own emotions lately has been difficult to deal with. Edmund hasn't worked up the courage yet to explain to his Mum why, but there's a reason why he's been taking all of the candles out of his room at night.

"Uncle Harper, I know what Lady Safrin did. And that's why I promised Mummy I wouldn't age past 16. I'd never break that promise." Edmund slides the comment in-between Harper's words with a tone far too firm for a child his age. The mere hint of him aging beyond what he promised making the child's brow furrow.

But then Harper continues, and Edmund feels his heart crack. There's so much there. So much in his words that the child can't fully fathom or piece together. But he can feel the pain in Harper as if it were his own. And he gets it. Wiggling away, Edmund lunges and wraps his arms around Harper's shoulder, resting his head on top of the man's in a downright protective hug.

"I understand. You haven't failed. Mummy hasn't failed either. Neither of you could ever fail me or Jude." Edmund states firmly, squeezing Harper a little tighter. "I'd never let you." That little spark within that had surged up like lava as his heart cracked, burns brighter.

His magic has always been linked to his emotions, and right now the need to comfort his family has it rising to the surface yet again. It burns though his veins in a soothing yet urging sensation, demanding he continue holding Harper until the man's apparent insecurities are burnt away.
EDMUND

Messages In This Thread
Promises - by Edmund - 07-03-2022, 03:33 AM
RE: Promises - by Harper - 07-13-2022, 06:53 PM
RE: Promises - by Edmund - 07-13-2022, 07:56 PM
RE: Promises - by Harper - 07-26-2022, 09:48 PM
RE: Promises - by Edmund - 08-01-2022, 05:39 PM
RE: Promises - by Harper - 08-25-2022, 07:01 PM
RE: Promises - by Edmund - 08-28-2022, 09:01 PM
RE: Promises - by Harper - 08-30-2022, 09:47 PM
RE: Promises - by Edmund - 08-31-2022, 04:08 AM
RE: Promises - by Harper - 11-03-2022, 11:36 PM