[se] dark sides
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

"Okay, but..." Flora's mind is grasping for something, anything, to latch onto that might make her feel somewhat more okay about all of this. "...you're a smuggler, right? So.." It was smuggler, not pirate, wasn't it? Gods, suddenly the alcohol was making everything spine instead of shine the way it had before. "..why do you care?"

But then he's talking about Notice Boards and tributes? Pressing her eyes closed and wanting to wrap herself around him the way Seven had previously been bundled up in her arms, Flora staves off the rising waves of panic through sheer force of will and a heavy dose of childhood trauma. Remi wouldn't panic about this. Ronin wouldn't, and certainly Mateo would do something clever with plants. "Sure. Sure I can do that." She could, but gods if she didn't want to be in bed. It didn't even have to be her bed.

'Just uhm...be careful, okay?' She murmurs, as if she had any right to to comment on the captain's wellbeing.
never be so kind
you forget to be clever

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
"I am," Jack agrees. "I'm also a member of Torchline's council. An' I dunno if what killed those things came from land or the sea, so... if it's sea, who's to say it ain't gonna get hungry for ships?" It's unlikely, but the point is that he's kind of got to do something about it, if for no other reason than to keep Maeve out of his hair.

Shuddering as if he can shake off the tarry sense of her panic, Jack has to stop himself from shoving Flora into one of the side streets to put some distance between them, instead letting her walk with him to the great black silhouette of the Ark. He snorts at the idea of being careful, the captain heading up the gangplank and hopping onto the deck.

"Worry 'bout yourself, a'right? You can stay here, I gotta go round up a few guys to sort this mess out. You can... I dunno, stargaze?"
are the angels on their way?
i’m in the dirt
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
flora

"Oh." There's clear surprise in Flora's tone as she seems to look at Jack anew. Jack, a politician? He might not be an old dog, but this new trick doesn't really gel with what she knows of the captain thus far. Not..that she knows much. "Yeah, okay then." She murmurs softly, rubbing her palms against the outside of her arms to ward off the chill.

The Ark.

This absolutely wasn't how Flora expected to enter onto the Ark for the first time. Despite absolutely having had thoughts about stealthing onboard in the middle of the night and being pleasantly drunk, this was much more of a nightmare than the warm daydream it had been in her mind. On shaky heels Flora does her best to follow along, though rather than actually boarding the ship, she lingers, glancing down to the black water softly sloshing against the hull.

"Yeah...yeah uhm, I can totally do that. I'll stay out of the way." So saying she edges onboard, feeling a pulse of adrenaline in her belly.
never be so kind
you forget to be clever

Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
"Sorry if that don't fit your description of me in your journals," Jack drawls, but he's too busy trying to figure out what to do next and not letting Flora's drunken mindset affect the sway of his footsteps or the cadence of his decisions to delve into that too deeply. "Good," he adds as she says she'll stay out of the way - and in return he'll make sure that all his crew know she's there, and know who her daddy is.

"Maybe next time you can have the grand tour," he says offhandedly, checking that she hasn't misstepped off the gangplank or instantly gone wandering towards his cabin (it's annoying, how often it happens), before he heads away to call his crew from their beds. Well, the crew that aren't at the Halenani or the Hanged Man anyway.

Soon enough he returns with half a dozen sailors, barely giving Flora another glance before heading back down towards the pier. And the dead ramphire.
are the angels on their way?
i’m in the dirt
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

'Uh!' Flora beings to protest, stopping herself before she can correct his use of journal instead of diary.

Absolutely Flora plans on finding her way to Jack's cabin. It's the one with the billowing white curtains and satin sheets of course. Once Jack and his crew are gone, the girl begins to totter about the ship, trying to look casual so as not to draw attention, but also like she belonged. Given her outfit and general Floraness this couldn't have been more impossible, and so as a rather burley shape began to approach her, Flora fished into her pockets to bring out the packet of seeds she'd taken with Melita. "Just doing a chore for Jack." She sang, waggling the packet like a permission slip and sashaying towards the port-side of the ship. Opening the packet, the girl sprinkles the seeds into the water below. Some seeds could grow without soil after all, and if whoever had left them out had wanted them planted in some specific way, they should have left instructions.

Now, were this the romcom Flora wanted it to be, she'd have found her way to Jack's cabin, fallen asleep in his bed only to charm him with her innocent beauty when he returned. But, since this was reality, all she was able to find was a stiff cot with sheets that smelled like stale beer. Wrapping herself up in her need to win the approval of others and show she didn't need her dad to bail her out of things, Flora fell asleep in an unhappy tangle of limbs that would result in many aches in the morning.

~FIN
never be so kind
you forget to be clever