where'd you rise?
open!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
Aedion might be surprised to find that is rather easy to stay on Wessex’s good side. Step one: don’t be an idiot. Step two: don’t insinuate the Ascended are a plague that should be wiped out. Step three: don’t be excessively weak. Step four: be smart.  Repeat ad nauseum, or until you fuck up.

“Isla,” she repeats with a bit of a head tilt. So that was her name. The bright one who was too quickly, too foolishly snuffed out. It’s a shame, really. Most of the Ascended are men, and though Wessex often exhibits more traditionally masculine qualities, it would have been nice to have another female in the mix. 108 barely counts as… any particular thing. “I’m only a couple of seasons old, and I’ve never read my own systems. That’s a good word for it. Perhaps you can teach me? Later.” she requests, with a look back at the younger man. He doesn’t know what he is? How odd. Even the Outlander Ascended, though they had another name for themselves, knew full well what they were.

But then if it’s different than what he was… of course he wouldn’t know.

The tunnel begins to level out from a gentle downward slope into more flatter terrain. The air is much, much cooler - even cold - down here, though he probably can’t feel it either. “You are… inorganic now. You will not age. You will not die from natural causes. You need not eat or drink or even breathe. You are better at night, and perhaps most importantly, you are one of a few.” She sighs, ever so softly. “Most of us made chose to Ascend to the brightness, for various reasons. I’m sorry you didn’t get a chance to make that choice, but I don’t think you’ll regret it.”

There is a sort of blue light and a bigger room ahead. She stops him before they can enter. “You should know that there is a lot happening right now. Your presence may be very important. Make sure you’re ready.”

black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul

Messages In This Thread
where'd you rise? - by Aedion - 03-04-2019, 05:15 AM
RE: where'd you rise? - by Wessex - 03-04-2019, 09:59 PM
RE: where'd you rise? - by Aedion - 03-08-2019, 02:12 AM
RE: where'd you rise? - by Wessex - 03-14-2019, 06:47 PM
RE: where'd you rise? - by Aedion - 03-17-2019, 09:30 PM
RE: where'd you rise? - by Wessex - 03-19-2019, 07:37 PM
RE: where'd you rise? - by Aedion - 03-19-2019, 08:16 PM