bro you fucking shot me
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Lucas arched an eyebrow at Adam and his suddenly appraising stance, resisting the urge to strike a pose as if to make his job easier, instead focusing on the hole in his... in... in himself. It was strange, actually - he swore he could see the bullet now, as if his body was actively trying to rid itself of the intrusion. He was about to dig a finger into the wound and fish it out when he was unceremoniously informed that he was a 6.5?

"You can go off a person, you know," he drawled, though he did manage a smirk at the other man's speed of wit. "I think between the two of us you are the one who needs to prove themselves. I just walked off a gunshot. All you did was shoot at air - and miss."

LUCAS
don't you know there ain't no devil

it's just god when he's drunk

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

"It wasn't air. I dunno what this--" Adam pointed at the barrier. "--is, but it ain't air." His pride was involved here, but he was also just confused. What the hell was this wall thing made of? It looked almost like it should be transparent, or gooey, but..his bullet had bounced right off.

"And hey, my shot didn't work but I'm not claiming to be the goddamn devil. You give me any other target and I'll hit it. If I ask you to grow some horns and tempt me right now I doubt you could." He pointed out, though Lucas was welcome to try.

With a final look back at the barrier Adam began to walk away from it. "But fine, I can't beat that shit. Yet. So can we go back somewhere warm?"

ADAM
We could get better
Because we're not dead yet
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

"Sure, sure," Lucas said, taking full advantage of his chance to feel smug in the face of Adam's excuses. (He saw them as excuses anyway, after the man had so blatantly said he could get past the barrier).

Snorting softly and finally turning his attention back to the wound in his shoulder, Lucas fished around and grabbed the bullet at last, offering it back out to Adam. Well, no use wasting it, right? "If 'growing horns and tempting you' is metaphorical, I like my chances. 6.5 or no."

As he began to walk away admitting defeat, meaning Lucas had technically won this little bet, the Ascended fell into step beside him, though he shrugged off the cold. "Depends. Where would you like to go? The tavern in the shithole? Or maybe the shabby houses in the shithole? Oh - what about the settlement a little further away from the shithole?"

LUCAS
don't you know there ain't no devil

it's just god when he's drunk

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

Adam nearly made a face at the sheer amount of smugness packed into Lucas' voice but just about avoided it, having to concede that it was slightly deserved. He'd promised he could defeat the 'wall', but here he was still on the other side of it.

"Make the horn a 6.5 and we can make a deal." He grinned, flicking his eyes downward and back up. Still, innuendos aside, a drink did sound like a great idea (even if he'd come up with it himself).

"Ooh, so many shitholes, so little time. It's like a dirty bathhouse." With a dumb grin he nudged Lucas then began to walk faster, eager to be out of the cold. "But I think we should go to the tavern. Free drinks all the goddamn time, it's amazing." He had already become a regular customer of the Rathskeller, amazed at the free flow of the taps there. Heading back into town with Lucas to go for a drink, he tried not to look at the hole in his clothes where he'd um...shot him.

It didn't matter if he was okay, right?

ADAM
We could get better
Because we're not dead yet