how fast the night changes
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

I wish you told me. Gods, she wishes she had, too. She knows Harper. She knows how he is with his relationships. How utterly devoted he is to the person he's with. It wasn't a one night stand and Maeve had no intentions of it being a one night stand when she'd invited him to stay. When she asked him to. The guilt that bubbles through her veins is ice cold. Sharp and insistent. "I'm sorry... I should have." And she means it. She really should have. He deserved that, but all she had been thinking about was him.

"He and I weren't together. We didn't slept together. It was just a kiss. I'd watched his children when they came through the portal and kept them safe." She had acted as a mother for them. Surely he can understand. "We hadn't spoken for an entire season." And this was perhaps her own fault. The fact that she hadn't clarified what she was with Sah. That there was any room for misinterpretation to begin with. But that night she'd made her choice. Even if she didn't realize. "Harper, ma lumière, believe me when I say I wouldn't have done what we did if I was with him." Sah was the same as Harper in that way. Her eyes are glassy as she looks at him, a flush high on her cheeks as her pulse races, hammering against her ribs as if it's trying to escape her body.

Miscommunications. It isn't what he means. It's the kinder way of saying it. He doesn't want to hurt her more. Even now. He doesn't pull away from her, but Maeve draws her own hands back as the tears sting the corners of her eyes, finally slipping past her lashes despite her best efforts and she quickly wipes at them, throat tightening further as her breath escapes her in a shaky huff. "Right... We- We should." Her hands drop into her lap, slipping towards her coat pocket and finding the ring, unable to resist holding it in her palm and feeling the cool metal bite into her skin. "Do.. do you want this, Harper? Do you want me?" Giving him an out. Letting him back down if he wanted to do it now.
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Messages In This Thread
how fast the night changes - by Harper - 07-13-2022, 04:47 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Maeve - 07-13-2022, 05:35 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Harper - 07-13-2022, 06:41 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Maeve - 07-13-2022, 07:02 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Harper - 07-13-2022, 07:24 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Maeve - 07-13-2022, 08:17 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Harper - 07-26-2022, 10:45 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Maeve - 07-27-2022, 01:22 AM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Harper - 08-24-2022, 10:40 PM