Will You See How Deep the Rabbit Hole Goes?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe shook her head at his assertion that she was qualified to hear wisdom from Ludo because of her profession. "Any midwife who claims to battle death thinks too highly of herself. Death is a power beyond our comprehension. It has always and will always exist so long as there is life. My duty firstly is to shepherd life into the world, but by second duty is to graciously allow death to do what it must. Of course, as part of the former, I do all I can to stall preventable death, the sort that comes from our own mistakes. But ultimately, there are instances where it is simply time, and no matter what I do death will take. I will never win against what death wishes to have. So it isn't a battle, but a mutual understanding." she said. It wasn't so straightforward as many tried to make it.

She had been disappointed to not be able to figure out how to deactivate whatever it was that the previous group had done to release the Voice into the world. She felt terribly useless, like a small boat on a vast, roiling ocean. She looked thoroughly disheartened as they headed back out.

At his question she shook her head again. "Northwind had a very rigid caste system and it was almost impossible to change your standing. If I married a man higher up I would have, but I still would have only been half accepted by most because of my common birth. I was actually sponsored to go to finishing school so I could learn how to behave amongst the elite and even then I was treated like a pariah." she explained. "Oh no, I could never have afforded to go to the medical school, and I lived rather far from it. I started apprenticing to an older midwife when I was seven, and was fully fledged by the age of thirteen. I'm a really dedicated student and loved school so I learned faster than most."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will You See How Deep the Rabbit Hole Goes? - by Phoebe - 03-17-2019, 09:07 PM