Will You See How Deep the Rabbit Hole Goes?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
"Well I had to start young so my parents could afford to keep me in school. Pa was a mason and ma used her horse shift to pull up carts from the quarry. And I was the youngest of four." she said with a small smile as she thought about her family. "But my brother and sisters weren't ever very good at school so they left as soon as they knew their letters. But ma and pa saw how much I liked it and so everyone pitched in to make sure I could stay in it longer. The books were always really expensive...and then when I got sponsored to finishing school it got much more difficult because the tuition was paid but there were lots of other things it required." Fancy dresses and shoes, the books, the accessories, the various supplies for the classes...the whole family had had to pitch in to make it work.

Being called a prodigy though took her off guard and she blushed a little. "Oh, I am not certain I was a prodigy...just driven. I didn't want to let my family down because they were sacrificing so much for me." she said. This was also the second time someone had mentioned her taking an apprentice. "Miss Vai asked me that same thing. I am not opposed to taking an apprentice but as far as I know no one is interested." she said with a small shrug. She didn't want to take an apprentice that was unwilling after all. Then they would just become a subpar midwife, which was dangerous.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will You See How Deep the Rabbit Hole Goes? - by Phoebe - 03-17-2019, 09:56 PM