clean eyes
For Phoebe!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
What was it about hugs that could instantly break a person's emotional resolve? Phoebe hugged Rexanna back, if mostly on instinct, as she squeezed her eyes closed. Tears still escaped and rolled down her cheeks then as Phoebe forced back the flood of emotion that wanted to flood forward. A shuddering sigh was all that she let escape before Rex let her go.

It wouldn't be hard to usher her to a seat on one of the overstuffed couches. Phoebe curled her legs under her as she sniffled and wiped at her eyes. "I-i probably shouldn't...they'll be back and I don't wanna be drunk." she said quietly when offered to drink something harder. "But there is some wine in the cupboard if you want some." she offered as she took a cookie, holding it instead of eating it. But...Phoebe noticed...

"Rex...your voice...you got it back?" she said with a little sniffle and small smile.

But she had asked what was wrong and Phoebe sighed, rubbing her eyes dry again. "It's a long story..." she warned. "S-so I met a boy named Emmett. He's a Natural and uhm...well he had been really nice to me and invited me to his family's house for Long Night. And...well it started out great and he asked me to be his girlfriend and then one thing led to another..." she stopped suddenly, cheeks flushing red as she realized she hadn't told anyone yet, not even Remi, that she had sex with Emmett. She decided to leave it there though. Rexanna would know what that meant.

"B-but I don't know why or how, but we couldn't hear anything from inside the room and when we came out his two youngest siblings were screaming and the rest of his family were dead...somehow the monsters got in and..." she stopped and shook her head. "I can't describe it. And as we were running to the Rathskellar we were attacked and I had to rip my skirt off to bandage up Emmett and drag him there with the two kids screaming....I think the little glowy fish Safrin sent was the only thing that kept me alive." she said, speaking quickly to get through it.

"I've been taking care of them since then. Emmett, Chris and Milly. And...I know he is grieving and I know he needs time but... I don't even know if he still...likes me that way any more. He barely talks about anything that isn't work. He hardly touches me or acknowledges me more than to say thanks for cleaning or cooking. I just...I can understand if he isn't interested in being...intimate...with all of that but...just a little something...to know this distance is temporary." They had been as intimate as they could be and it was followed up by nothing. "And I...hate myself...for wanting anything at all...even something small...to know he thinks of me that way and not as a housekeeper." she said at length, covering her face with her hands.

"I don't know how to help him and it feels like I'm losing him already."
Phoebe
I'll be your shoulder when you cry

Messages In This Thread
clean eyes - by Rexanna - 03-05-2019, 01:46 AM
RE: clean eyes - by Phoebe - 03-05-2019, 02:08 AM
RE: clean eyes - by Rexanna - 03-05-2019, 02:26 AM
RE: clean eyes - by Phoebe - 03-05-2019, 01:28 PM
RE: clean eyes - by Rexanna - 03-05-2019, 08:17 PM
RE: clean eyes - by Phoebe - 03-06-2019, 12:59 AM
RE: clean eyes - by Rexanna - 03-08-2019, 09:54 PM
RE: clean eyes - by Phoebe - 03-10-2019, 10:36 PM