clean eyes
For Phoebe!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
FOR A TIME IT SEEMED TO ME,
THAT WE WERE STARLIGHT-TOUCHED.
FAILING TO REALIZE THAT WE WERE STARCROSSED,
Her brows furrowed when Phoebe spoke, mentioning that she shouldn’t and that there was a they that would be back. Immediately Rexanna grew concerned for her friend, wondering if Phoebe had perhaps come across one of those unsavory people, a person that took advantage of a person’s good will and turned it sour. She shook her head to Phoebe, uncapping the tea and finding two glasses to pour the contents into before handing a cup to her friend and sitting again, watching as she took a cookie and Phoebe’s attention turned to her.

As she sniffled and commented on her voice, Rexanna nodded and smiled in return. “Yes, that was my good news.” She said quietly, crossing one leg over the other. “I was talking to someone when suddenly it was just… fixed! Though the person I spoke to, and Remi for instance, both mentioned something about being radiant but I haven’t figured out why that is just yet.” She shrugged, trying to lighten the mood slightly before it turned dark once again.

It was a good thing she did,  because her smile faded as soon as Phoebe sighed and rubbed at her eyes. As she mentioned it would be a long story, Rexanna nodded. She had all the time in the world, it felt like. But she remained silent as she spoke, taking in every detail of the story. She spoke of a boy named Emmett and how he was a Natural, how he had invited her to his home for Longnight and how they had been together for the first time. She offered a small smile and a nod to Phoebe, as if to say “yes I understand” by the words, her friend’s cheeks flushing red but Rexanna waved it off quietly.

They were both women after all – and Rexanna certainly had more experience than Phoebe to feel any sort of awkwardness about talking about sex of all things. So it didn’t bother her in the slightest, but she could understand Phoebe’s possible shyness about it. But of course, the story was far from over. She picked up a cookie and began to munch on it while she listened, her sapphire eyes scanning her friend’s face to pick up on everything she said.

Oh Phoebe, that’s terrible.” She said, a frown finding her face as her voice dripped with a sadness for her friend. Rexanna was a firm believer that first times, if you could help it, should be special and wonderful, and to have it associated with such a dark thing to happen, well, it was hard. Hard to want the need to do it again in case anything happened, so she could understand as much. And as Phoebe spoke of feeling selfishness, she nodded in kind to her friend.

She took a deep sip of her tea before setting the cup on the table and offering a solemn smile to Phoebe before she spoke. “I think maybe you guys should talk about it? Was it Emmett’s first time too?” She asked quietly, cocking her head to the side. “It’s hard to experience something so terrible like that, especially to have it associated with something nice. If he’s strong and smart and kind, it might just take time. Be his friend, be there for him to help him through it?” She paused thoughtfully, offering another small smile. “You never know what an ear to lend can lead to.” She added with a small wiggle of her eyebrows, though she thought of Bastien letting her vent and cuddle up to sleep beside him.

Though she didn’t dare say it.

She unfolded her legs and leaned forward to her. “But if you talk to him, make sure you hear his side too. Explain how you feel as well, it’s very important to do that. I’ll say it again, that you both are young and having this connection is so new everything will be confusing at first. It just seems like Longnight had to make it more difficult.” She said quietly. “But there’s nothing wrong with you making the moves too. Hold his hand occasionally if you want to, hug him when he seems down. Let him know you’re there for him and it might help him move on too. If he doesn’t want it or doesn’t seem interested, he could always just leave.” She finally said, leaning back to see what Phoebe thought about it. “It doesn’t have to always lead into anything.
THE STARS WERE
NEVER
ON OUR SIDE.

Messages In This Thread
clean eyes - by Rexanna - 03-05-2019, 01:46 AM
RE: clean eyes - by Phoebe - 03-05-2019, 02:08 AM
RE: clean eyes - by Rexanna - 03-05-2019, 02:26 AM
RE: clean eyes - by Phoebe - 03-05-2019, 01:28 PM
RE: clean eyes - by Rexanna - 03-05-2019, 08:17 PM
RE: clean eyes - by Phoebe - 03-06-2019, 12:59 AM
RE: clean eyes - by Rexanna - 03-08-2019, 09:54 PM
RE: clean eyes - by Phoebe - 03-10-2019, 10:36 PM