Glub Glub
for Finn!
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 37 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
my demons, though quiet, are never quite silenced
Finn doesn't realise that he doesn't have to stare at the blanket any more - such is the problem with talking at it in the first place - and his hand guides the strawberry to his lips out of habit if nothing more. Of course it's perfectly ripe and sweet and delicious, made more indulgent by the chocolate coating, and he's contemplating another when Talyson speaks again.

"Are you not meant to say her name out loud?" Finn asks with a raise of his eyebrows, stormy eyes finally flicking back up towards the other man's face, even if he doesn't meet his eyes. "I did not know that." Something to note down, certainly. As for leaving Halo, he shakes his head a bit. "Not because of that, no. My son was struggling there - he missed his friend here in Stormbreak. So we decided to come back so he would be happier."
FINN
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
Tal glanced up in surprise at the question. Seeing Finn munching on the strawberry reminded him of the banana and after a moment's hesitation he let the towel fall back over his shoulders and picked it up again. He took a small bite from the tip to give himself time to think while he chewed. The question seemed awfully familiar...

"I mean... it's not really smart, in Halo." He shrugged uncomfortably. "My mom always said, at least. 'Careful what you wish for, because she's always listening.' But guess it's probably different in other places, though. Places that aren't hers." Maybe it was just a stupid superstition.

But maybe it wasn't.

Another bite, when his stomach didn't reject the first one. He was calming down now, and the sweet, fruity heft of the banana was surprisingly welcome as he listened and nodded understanding. "Do you know if they're gonna rebuild the Tower?" he asked curiously, blithely oblivious to the tactlessness of the question.
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 37 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"Mm," Finn says without saying much at all, because he's decided to look at Tal's face precisely as he bites the tip of the banana, and it's back to the blanket and the plate of strawberries for him. Snagging another to take a bite out of it, he lets his shoulders relax (or rather, he forces them to), even as a blush suffuses his cheeks once again.

The question about the Tower has his muscles stiffening all over again, though, and Finn quickly shakes his head. "I... uh, I don't think so," he murmurs. "I believe it has become a memorial for those who died there. And there is no Order any more, so there is no need for a Tower." As far as he knows. It seems logical, at least.

"Uh... what were you doing in the Celestine?" he asks, having just realised that Tal probably didn't walk in with the express purpose of almost drowning.
FINN
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
A furtive glance caught Finn's blush, but Tal chocked it up to the rosy cheeks of a non-Halovian being chilly in the Flowerbirth air. It really wasn't that bad as long as he was dry, and the towel had at least managed to do that for his top half as he continued to nibble slowly down the banana as his stomach settled and it became apparent that he was, in fact, going to live.

He winced at the mention of a memorial, realizing too late that yeah, maybe no one would want to live where so many people had died horribly. He mumbled something around the banana that might have been a condolence or an apology, but he swallowed hurriedly at the question.

"Me? Oh, uh... bringin' a package to the Caretaker," he revealed, patting his Bag to reassure himself of its safe attachment to his person still. "Soon as I'm dried off I should get back on that. Was havin' trouble findin' directions til the squirrels piped up. They said they knew where she was, but then they fucked off when we found the tiger." Tal scowled and chomped the last of the banana as if he wished it were a squirrel kebob in his hand.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
"Ah, the Caretaker? Lena Magnus, right? I believe I know where you can find her," Finn says, looking up quite without meaning to and seeming pleased that Tal has finished pleasuring eating his banana. He seems perplexed by talk of speaking squirrels and tigers, gazing around just in case there might be any lurking nearby, but of course they are still safely on one of the actual Celestine pathways.

Deciding not to comment on any of the fauna Tal has encountered, Finn instead gestures to the picnic around them. "We could... pack this up, when you are ready, and I can show you where she is? So you can deliver your package." Somewhere out there, someone is making an innuendo out of that sentence. (Me, it's me. I am.)
FINN
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
"That's the name on the box," Tal agreed, relieved that he'd found a guide at last. He would have found the Caretaker eventually... but speed and efficiency in delivery ideals that he strove for. "I'd appreciate it."

Which meant it was time to abandon the towel (i.e. stuff it in his Bag of Holding because one didn't just waste an amazingly sensually fluffy towel like that. Hail no, that was going home with him) and wrinkle his nose as he eased back into his wet shirt and coat. At least there'd be a long airship ride to Torchline for things to dry?

"I'll take anything y'don't want." Already packing up a few of the chocolate covered bananas to amaze his friends and send his sisters into uncontrolled giggle fits. Between the two of them the picnic was quickly disassembled - as much as it could be; some things, like the oysters just weren't going to travel well - and the courier grinned at his guide. "Lead the way!"

~Fin(n)~