[Seasonal Event] Remembrance
for Caiside
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
"I am sorry to hear that," Jigano said quietly, though Caiside didn't seem particularly upset about relating the memory. "Though I would like to hear what happened at some point, if it is not too personal." The destruction of a god was never a feat undertaken lightly. Indeed, even the fall of a demigod was a monumental task for mortals... with repercussions across time and space, as Jigano well knew. Caiside continued, though, and the Lorekeeper arched a pale brow as he continued his careful tending of the more delicate plants and smaller seeds.

"Living simply isn't all bad," he murmured, with a smile that held a painful twist to it. He had left his followers and chosen such a life for himself for the past three years, after all, hiding his power and his past behind the mandolin of a simple traveling bard. He had learned the price of power, and found it a heavy load to bear... though every choice along the path to it had been his own. "But that sounds like a good tale, if you'd care to share it? A story of risk that ends with the promise of great reward?" Assuming Caiside could return to his world in time, which... well. "Only if you're in the mood, of course."

He chuckled at the mention of visions, an odd twist to the sound that wasn't entirely humor, but the smile he gave his friend was sincere enough. "I did see visions of a sort, though not because I was an Oracle," he explained. "Oracles on my world are born with a connection to the divine, though not necessarily a specific god. More like... a divine ideal. But that connection comes with a price, perhaps because it isn't moderated by a god. Still, we have access to divine magic, like healing spells, and our Mysteries - the ideal we were born into - guide our steps in life and aid us in mediating between the mortal and divine." He grinned at the ex-demigod, shaking dirt from his hands as he finished patting another seedling into place. "You would be shocked, I know, to hear that my Mystery was Lore - the seeking of knowledge in all its forms." He was joking, of course, and it was a pity the conversation couldn't stay so light.

Caiside's interaction with whichever god they met clearly hadn't been a comfortable one. Jigano's first meeting with Ludo hadn't gone well, either, though from what he'd heard it could have gone much worse. Jigano meant his invitation sincerely though, in an attempt to distract the other man from his memories. He simply nodded acceptance that the smith wouldn't be able to find his answers in books though - which begged the question of just what he wanted to know - but the bard acceded that he had pried enough into his friend's past without pulling at this particular thread as well. At the mention of joining the Loreseeker's, though, the bard's brows rose in delight and he chuckled, sitting back on his haunches. "The offer still stands, of course. In truth, the more people we have, the more effective we are. Do you have any new questions about us, that I could help to answer?"

Messages In This Thread
[Seasonal Event] Remembrance - by Jigano - 03-05-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] Remembrance - by Caiside - 03-06-2019, 05:13 AM
RE: [Seasonal Event] Remembrance - by Jigano - 03-06-2019, 04:30 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] Remembrance - by Caiside - 03-06-2019, 08:44 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] Remembrance - by Jigano - 03-06-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] Remembrance - by Caiside - 03-08-2019, 05:23 AM
RE: [Seasonal Event] Remembrance - by Jigano - 03-08-2019, 04:31 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] Remembrance - by Caiside - 03-09-2019, 10:42 AM
RE: [Seasonal Event] Remembrance - by Jigano - 03-09-2019, 05:07 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] Remembrance - by Caiside - 03-10-2019, 08:19 AM
RE: [Seasonal Event] Remembrance - by Jigano - 03-10-2019, 05:05 PM