[se] where we tread
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
Deimos watched branches, followed by extension of boughs and leaves unwind from his incantations, studying, considering, before wiping his hands and rising from his crouch, full height once more, standing amidst modest groves of citrus trees. Glancing over at Talyson, arching his brow at the admission, the Sword might’ve pondered over where he’d go if he’d ever wanted to meander completely out of the scope and realm of others – but the possibilities didn’t seem tangible, when responsibility, duty, and kin still brought him back to the forefront time and time again.

The question felt purposefully redirected away from the courier’s disclosure, so the General let that one rest too. “She lived in the Basin too. We worked together frequently.” As thief and soldier, then sovereignty, rising along the ranks due to their abilities, nefarious, and sinister prowess. Then, swinging notions back to the youth, he revealed his own sentiments of curiosity. “What made you become a courier?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
When it looked like Deimos had finished getting the new plant settled, Tal admired the finished project and gave Boreal a satisfied pat on her head as she leaned heavily against his leg and demanded scritches from his free hand as reward for her hunting prowess. He was happy to oblige her as he listened to the fragments of Deimos's life that the General shared, curious and fascinated by the tales of other worlds. "Huh. At least you ended up here with a friend!" Even a sister-like friend. Though Tal didn't even want to think about being plucked out of his life on Caido and dropped in another world, even if he wasn't completely alone in the process.

That was nightmare fuel, was what it was.

The question brought a sheepish grin to the courier's face and he scrubbed the scales between his dragon's horns a little harder. "I mean, there's always been a traveling trader or courier in the Seawrights. Just about every generation. My older sisters are pretty much homebodies, though, so we always knew they'd be inheriting the store. Me an' Lexi got our aunt's itchy feet, but between the two of us..." He shrugged unrepentently. "I don't care much for bein' inside. Or dealin' with people all day. Just me an' the team, out on an open trail... there's nothin' better in the whole world than racin' the wind over the snow, you know?" And Deimos did know. Tal knew that from their previous journeys and races over Tundra and Sea. "Just made sense to apprentice to my aunt when I was old enough to hang on to the back of a sled." Family duty and tradition, but one the youngest Seawright might have chosen even if it hadn't been offered to him on an icy platter.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
He’d been fortunate in that regard – to come across not only Ru, but also Rexanna and Kiada. And though some of those holes left behind would never quite mend, the fact that they’d held figments in his lives multiple times over was something he’d never regret. So he gave a fond smile, eyes towards the ground upon reflection, and a singular nod, before listening to the Seawright exposition.

While Deimos’ family probably could’ve been classified as warriors, sleuths, or thieves in some measure, depending on the generation or sedition they found themselves in, it seemed Talyson’s had theirs figured out well in advance. “Understandable,” and he offered another light grin, because the Sword didn’t care much for being indoors or ceasing movement either; prone to a restlessness when cooped up for too long. “What’s the furthest you’ve gone?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Tal grinned back, comfortable in the company of a kindred soul who knew the joy of a good run over the snow and the freedom of the empty Tundra beneath the open sky.

"By sled? The western Fangs," he replied promptly. "Not over 'em, but the far side of the Sea." of Glass, rather than the ocean beyond the mountainous barrier that surrounded their Deepfrost-locked corner of the world. "There's still a few tribes out there. They move with the herds an' they've all got their seasonal ranges. Deliverin' supplies to them and bringin' back their trade goods has kept me busy most seasons for the last few years." No small part of the job was just finding them, if the herds deviated due to some seasonal abnormality or ecological shift in any given year.

"What about you?" he asked back, lightly tugging on Boreal's horns in a distracted way to keep her entertained. "What's your favorite place on all Caido?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The Sword attempted to picture trading goods with other tribes – those scattered out against the mountains and sea, that felt no need to indulge themselves amongst other citizens of Halo. A way of life they’d chosen, just like the rest of them – and he had to wonder if it kept them mostly out of incoming trials and tribulations. So he nodded along, muffling a small snort, eyes on the ground, and then on the glass, staring out along the expanse through the veneer.

The next question had been recently asked by Evie, so the answer was already on the tip of his tongue, a vague smile curling along one corner of his mouth. “I have several. The Sea of Glass,” for it reminded him of the Basin, with its lake that never froze, no matter the season. “Frey’s Breath,” for all its curatives and now, new, fonder memories. “And the Whispershore. You?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
The locations Deimos mentioned combined the homey comfort of Halo and the exotic lands beyond. Tal grinned at the mention of the Sea of Glass, but at the mention of Frey's Breath the grin faded to something more complicated, followed by his brow furrowing in thought at the Whispershore. He paused in rubbing Boreal's head - something she grumbled about and butted his hip lightly with her broad ahead.

He shot her an apologetic glance and went back to scratching around the base of her horns as Deimos asked a question of his own and the courier's expression lightened again. "The Sea of Glass," he agreed contentedly. "Hands down." His head tilted much like Boreal's as he returned to the earlier questions that had finally worked themselves into coherent words. "Frey's Breath is really nice. But gettin' there is no fun." Too many Gore Crows along the way by far. "I've never been to the Whispershore, though. What's it like?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Considering how often the natural basis of violence meandered around the Sword’s life, he could only shrug his shoulders at the second notion. “Worth the effort though,” considering its healing properties, and they could always use gore crow meat and materials.

Mentions of the Whispershore had the courier intrigued though, so the General’s water incantations swirled up before them, cascading like a tangible image; flanked by rolling rapids and churning currents, occasionally flanked by a droplet purposefully sparkling. “You must follow the Stonesong out until you hit a small bank. From there, you can dive and swim along the river. It is peaceful.” He paused, maintaining a simple smile from times before, when everything wasn’t so complicated and damned – he couldn’t even be certain if Remi permitted people to meander and wander through the lines of the forest anymore. But those tranquil areas were so few and far between, it almost seemed a shame. “Some used to bring pans and sift for stones.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Tal's eyes lit up and in spite of his best intentions to play it cool he mouthed a silent whoa as the magic spun up around them into a display that said more than mere words. He lifted his fingers towards the water on impulse, trailing their tips in the localized rapids as he flashed Deimos a bright and boyish grin.

"I've only been t'the edge of the Greatwood," he admitted, a touch enviously. "Got warned not t'go into it or I'd get lost." He paused, remembering Remi, and he wrinkled his nose in confusion. "Or... worse? Wasn't really clear on if Ludo's demigod would fuck up anyone who came in without permission." Or maybe just deposit them back where they'd started? Probably depended on Remi's mood at the time. "What kind of stones do people look for there?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Each time one of Talyson’s digits curled into the magic, it reformed, coiling back into its original incantations without qualm or complaint, though Deimos did arch a brow and muffle another snort. “That can happen,” towards the getting lost, wandering about in circles until confusion and bewilderment were all that one encountered in the looming trees. “Sometimes the will o’ wisps will lure you around on purpose.” On that, he created a little beam of light to sparkle amidst the other stones and layers of running rapids.

As for the other notions, he heaved a sigh. “We used to visit a lot more before Remi took over.” Before pending wars and other looming dramatics. When the Fae had extended some measure of gratitude for healing Undines and ceasing the spread of the blight. Different times and different modicums, some requiring other depths and discretions to be taken. “Probably wise to ask before proceeding there nowadays.” And to heed the warnings given.

The Sword should’ve known the other inquiry would hasten, but shrugged his shoulders about it nonetheless. “Gold? Or fool’s gold, most likely.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
The look Tal shot the General was a little worried at the mention of will o' wisps, and he pulled his fingers back as the sparkle appeared... then glowered at it and poked a finger towards it experimentally. "Like those stupid squirrels," he compared darkly. With their stupid 'Yes!'es and 'Follow me!'s.

Next time he found one in the wild, it'd be time for stew.

But Deimos's sigh brought him back to the present and he gave a slow nod. "He... didn't seem to like people much. Or even gifts." Though Boreal had been offered a kinder welcome. Still, the advice he was given was good and matched the warning Noah had given him so he took it to heart before asking about the Whispershore's bounty.

The mention of gold earned a slightly disappointed shrug from the courier as well. "Oh... well. I guess it's shiny enough, either way." He looked a little sheepish as he grinned up at his friend. "Was hopin' they were maybe magic stones or somethin'. But I guess Halo's the only place for those."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
“The ones in the Labyrinth?” His smile twitched into the threat of laughter, though for good measure he opted to create a replica of the rodents throughout the water incantations too, so that it ran back and forth along the rapids.

The mention of Remi forced the grin away though, brows furrowing slightly. “He was not always like that,” but people changed and altered – and especially given the multitudes of tragedies and traumas in the demigod’s wake, probably no one could be surprised by it. “Maybe just a note would suffice.” If Talyson thought about meandering – though with situations growing closer to war day by day, Deimos could only hide the brief grimace and clenching of his jaw.

But the last insinuation made him snort, moving the squirrel again, ensuring it was staring straight at Talyson, making a gesture that looked eerily human in a paw-wave maneuver. “No mageglass in the rivers.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
"Dunno about a Labyrinth. The ones I met were in the Celestine. I got lost lookin' for the Caretaker and uh. They made things worse," Tal admitted with a scowl for the memory and a glower at the watery vermin that scampered along the beautiful 'stream'. They'd very nearly gotten him killed, and he figured it had been intentional. Never trust a rat. Even if it had a fancy tail and sounded like it wanted to help!

Whatever Remi had been in the past, he was a grumpy demigod now but Tal nodded at the advice. "Yeah. I got a job recently from someone claimin' t'have contacts with the Fae, otherwise, so maybe after... y'know..." Assuming there was an after. "Anyways, maybe she can show me around the place." If she wasn't making it up. It was hard to tell just over written correspondence.

Tal snuck a glance at Deimos, biting back a grin before he stuck his tongue out at the wet squirrel. "Nah, just the Fangs. Y'ever seen any before?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
While the notions of further taunting and teasing certainly remained, the name of the place where Talyson had spotted the squirrels caused his brows to furrow. “I have not heard of the Celestine. Where is it?”

Fae contacts might’ve been few and far between now, though it was difficult to tell in the Greatwood – purposefully secretive, furtive, lending and blending into the unknown. Even with prior leaders, they’d given away nothing, feeding into the allure and speculation of just how powerful and potent the forest could be. A different sort of isolation, the Sword supposed, so he could only shrug his shoulders. “Perhaps.” Maybe it would come to down to manners of luck and Talyson’s contacts.

The squirrel stuck its tongue right back at the courier, and had it been capable of sound, probably would’ve blown a raspberry. Deimos arched a brow, granting a nod in between rearranging the antics of the rodent. “Yes. On our latest attempt. Sah has it.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
"Oh, uh..." Remembering too late that Deimos's Abandoned magic wouldn't make him welcome there, Tal winced and rubbed at the back of his neck awkwardly. "It's in Stormbreak. Big gardeny place around the city where Frey sends hurt animals for healin'." And saying it out loud, Tal wrinkled his nose at a stray thought of theological confusion cropped up - but he quickly shook it off, as he did most such things. Gods would be gods and they probably had their reasons.

Oh ho, Deimos the squirrel was going to be like that, was it? "Hey!" Tal stifled his laughter as he pointed at the rude water rat. "If it's gonna be like that..." Boreal gave a full body wriggle and then hopped to take a bite at the watery creation, happy to oblige her bonded when it came to hunting down sassy rodents.

Meanwhile the General's words started to earn a wrinkled nose from the courier, but he managed to stop himself halfway through the expression and fought to smooth it back again, face twitching interestingly. "Oh. Well. Dunno if I'd be much help since I'm not all magicky but... if y'ever want to go lookin' for more, you can count on me," he offered, meeting his friend's eyes squarely.