inching ever closer
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
It doesn’t matter who puts the notice up, so long as it goes up, but it’s nice to have an offer of help. Nodding briskly, Wessex collects the items that are being returned to her. “I think I’ve told you what that can do,” she says to Isla, brow furrowing a bit, “But in case I haven’t, it’s an adrenaline boost. Briefly ups our stats speed and strength, and then there’s some lingering enhanced sensory effects too.” It just makes sense to her that the doctor amongst them would have it, as the Wraith doesn’t have much of a need to boost herself these days.

Briefly turning to Cal, she blanches, sheepishly pulling her shoulders up to her ears in a wordless gesture that suggests she has nothing left in her bag of tricks for him.. “Sorry, Cal…? It’s nothing personal.” Hopefully the Captain will agree.

Anyway, back to the relic problem. “I haven’t heard of any either… my best guess is that there won’t be one here, because why would the Old Gods put another relic in the bubble where they imprisoned their enemy? The Prince was fine because he was ineffective in his former form, and the likelihood of any of us being kind, like Isla was slim.” Shooting the handsome, silent man a glance, she tacks on a hasty, “No offense,” to the end. “And if they went with a relic in each region, the only places we haven’t found one is in the Climb, the Greatwood, the Draig, and maybe King’s End, though I think that one’s subject to debate, given that you had to go through the Last Step. Tanau knew nothing about a relic in the Climb, so if we take him at his word - which, who knows - that leaves the Greatwood.”

Wessex’s expression says it all: they know they can’t enter the Greatwood without being caught in the trees. So it seems they’re out of options. "Thoughts?" she adds wryly, because she is clearly out of ideas.

----------------------

Wessex has taken back:

Type: Other | Level: Mastered
Telecommunications Upgrade | This telecommunications chip allows the user to speak directly into the minds of any ascended regardless of distance. Ascendeds within the same region can respond mentally.

Type: Defensive | Level: Mastered
Damage Splash Upgrade | For every attack made at Wessex, double the damage is deflected back to the creature who caused it. (Elemental effects are not duplicated. 30 pts of fire damage is translated back as 30 pts of regular damage, for example).

Type: Grey | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Greatwood Staff | A staff carved from one of the Mathair's branches, bejewelled with precious gems from the Whispershore and infused with Ascended fluid. When tapped twice in succession against a surface, basic Ascended upgrades are nullified within 5ft of the staff for 1 post. One use per thread.

Type: Grey | Style: Other | Level: Basic
Knowt book | A book that tells the owner things they otherwise wouldn't know.

She has given Isla:
Type: Light | Style: Other | Level: Basic
Manufactured Adrenaline | a syringe containing a daily dose of adrenaline. Can be used once per thread. Raises all stats by 1 for one post and increases an ascendeds other senses for the duration of the thread.

She has given Sunjata:
Type: Dark | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Infernbow | A wooden crossbow with the ability to set any arrows placed within to ignite on the pull of its trigger. (Made by Deimos)

Messages In This Thread
inching ever closer - by Wessex - 08-11-2022, 03:07 PM
RE: inching ever closer - by Sunjata - 08-11-2022, 03:49 PM
RE: inching ever closer - by Isla - 08-11-2022, 05:19 PM
RE: inching ever closer - by Varus - 08-12-2022, 01:45 AM
RE: inching ever closer - by Wessex - 08-15-2022, 01:34 AM
RE: inching ever closer - by Sunjata - 08-17-2022, 04:20 PM
RE: inching ever closer - by Isla - 08-18-2022, 02:25 PM
RE: inching ever closer - by Wessex - 08-19-2022, 04:01 PM
RE: inching ever closer - by Sunjata - 08-20-2022, 04:26 PM
RE: inching ever closer - by Isla - 08-23-2022, 02:46 PM
RE: inching ever closer - by Wessex - 08-25-2022, 06:37 PM