Shell Game
Open!
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru

The two ladies seem to understand one another, and Ru is grateful for the dragon’s presence allowing her to put to task her restless hands. While she rarely ever reveals any tells after so many years, that rigid control is never quite so easily within reach around her cherished ones, and Talyson holds that dubiously beneficial title.

“Do you intend to trade for its shell? You picked a good alternative,” she compliments, trying to soothe hurts and sour moods alike with a maternal sort of grace. Allowing the young man to dictate how forthright he intends to be about her absence. A stance he reveals readily, prompting a soft sigh from the Valkyrie as her hand slows to merely sit as a warm weight on Boreal’s crown.

“For all my lingering there, I live in the Greatwood, not Halo,” she explains quietly, gaze reluctantly parting from the play of sunlight on the dragon’s scales to her bonded’s tight eyes. “Selfishly, I hoped that perhaps people would visit me there instead of the other way around. But it was a silly, useless gesture; I am the one without current duties.” Not that her heart hadn’t ached with each day with no letter or knock on her door, but blaming her loved ones for their busy lives is something she has tried to leave in the past with other girlish, selfish tendencies. “Moving back would seem easiest, but being in Halo - living there again - it presents a certain hurt I’m not sure I’m ready to contend with. I’m sorry, Tal, that my whimsy and cowardice alike hurt you.” And oh, how the years have had to shape the Valkyrie to allow for moments like these; sincere apologies, admission of weaknesses, any talk of her true feelings. But perhaps the honesty alone will disarm him and soothe his ruffled feathers.

Eyes catching the movement beside them, Hotaru’s shoulders slowly move back into a properly alert pose. “Tal, over there,” she murmurs, eyes gesturing pointedly without moving her feet, wanting his offering to be the focus.
so many roads, you don't know where you've been
but you still know who you are
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
Shell Game - by Talyson - 08-14-2022, 10:44 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Hotaru - 08-26-2022, 07:02 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Talyson - 08-26-2022, 07:38 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Hotaru - 08-26-2022, 08:46 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Talyson - 08-26-2022, 10:16 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Hotaru - 09-06-2022, 08:42 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Talyson - 09-06-2022, 11:15 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Hotaru - 09-12-2022, 06:09 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Talyson - 09-13-2022, 01:55 AM
RE: Shell Game - by Hotaru - 09-14-2022, 10:03 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Talyson - 09-14-2022, 11:20 PM